No announcement yet.

Long term fuel storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a cracker pumping gas into 32 oz gatorade bottles the other day. Was this you?
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
      why the fuck would those be illegal??? ive got a billion of those from my early jeep years when it was "cool" to have a couple on your tire carrier.
      Evaporation emission because they don't have a self closing lid or a spill proof spout. The funny thing is that the ones with a spill proof spout and a self closing lid leak gas all over the place.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Non-vented storage of flammable liquids in large quantities with no secondary containment? I don't see an issue.

They are designed specifically to be non vented so fuel can be stored for a long time without degrading. There is a air pocket on the top and the Xs stamped into the side are made to compensate for the expansion of the fuel caused by changes in ambient temperatures. Short of shooting one they are nearly impossible to make leak.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          They are designed specifically to be non vented so fuel can be stored for a long time without degrading. There is a air pocket on the top and the Xs stamped into the side are made to compensate for the expansion of the fuel caused by changes in ambient temperatures. Short of shooting one they are nearly impossible to make leak.
          Cool.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Worth while read if you are into trivia.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              I saw a cracker pumping gas into 32 oz gatorade bottles the other day. Was this you?
              damn crackers....haha You would be surprised at what a cracker can do. They can turn a gas into a liquid....

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                some genius suggested buying a tanker of gas back on canada! LOl
                I know a couple of friends and I suggested that in the group buy thing.

It was a joke though that I think a few people took serious...
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                  There is nothing wrong with being prepared.
                  Regardless of your reasoning, this is the truth.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Another vote propane, cng, or wood gassifier.

Charcoal can do the same thing as wood.

Comment

Working...
                    X