Lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky

Came home from work last night, went and worked out, filled up the tank in my daily on the way home from the gym.

Around 9pm my fiance asked if I had spilled gas in the garage because she smelled gas.

I went into the garage and there was a HUGE puddle of fuel coming out from under my daily (at least a gallon of fuel in about an hour or so).

I jacked up the car and found that the leak was coming from just in front of the rear wheels (right beside the catalytic converters) where the rubber lines from the tank meet up with the metal lines that travel towards the engine.

I pulled the lines off and the hoses still seem to be in great shape, replaced the fuel hose clamps with new efi hose clamps and everything seems to be okay (parked it outside last night and left cardboard under it to make sure nothing more leaked over night).

Not sure there is much of a point to this thread other then the "what if", from how it appeared under the car I think this thing was leaking for at the very least the drive home (fuel splatter under the car towards the back) and possibly for the last week or so (smelled a very slight fuel smell about a week or two back).

I'd feel even more lucky if my window regulator didn't fail this morning (leaving the window in the down position all day).

Cliffnotes: filled up gas tank in daily, parked in garage, came out hour or two later to gallon+ of fuel on ground, leak right by catalytic converter, thank God it didn't catch on fire.

dude. i my butthole just puckered up. glad you are ok man!

Comment

What kind of car?
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

bmw 328is

Comment

What caused the leak?

Glad to hear that you caught it before anything bad happened.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            bmw 328is
            lawsuit! buy american lol

the movie fight club comes to mind.....

Comment

E10 gas is rough on rubber. I lost a hose on the malibu this week. spewing ALL over the intake. It's real clean on the passenger side of the intake now though.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                E10 gas is rough on rubber. I lost a hose on the malibu this week. spewing ALL over the intake. It's real clean on the passenger side of the intake now though.
                Yup, likely culprit.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  well, it is odd though because the rubber seemed to be in good shape, not brittle or cracked at all. almost seems like the clamp just loosened up (or someone is trying to kill me)

Comment

Has your fiance upped your life insurance policy lately?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      But then she wouldn't have told him about it.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        But then she wouldn't have told him about it.
                        She could have loosened the clamp, and asked him to go check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          she was banging around in the garage, dropped the fire extinguisher, and slammed doors after i told her to try not to make any sparts

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            she was banging around in the garage, dropped the fire extinguisher, and slammed doors after i told her to try not to make any sparts
                            Is that like a fart with sparks?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Is that like a fart with sparks?
                              lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X