Six Flags Astroworld question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags Astroworld question....

OK, so I found a 1/2 scale corvair that appears to have probably come from the ride "Spinout" from Six Flags Astroworld. It's one of those cars kids drove but stays on the rail around the track.

Does any of you older guys (like me) remember this ride? My research says it probably closed in the mid 80's. I'm looking for pictures of what this thing looked like back in the day.

I'll get pics of the one I picked up here in a bit.

Thanks in advance!
    1990 Mustang GT - 8.17 @ 176
    1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
    2013 Viper Coupe - Just a Dodge
    2009 Rubicon - Lifted, geared, bumpered
    1991 Syclone - 25K miles
    1970 Roadrunner - Thanks Gary
    2013 GT500, 2016 Hellcat, 1972 C10
    1999 Baja - Water Toy

The one that I remember was old model T's, and I tried my damdest to get it off the rail.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      The one that I remember was old model T's, and I tried my damdest to get it off the rail.
      Me too! LOL

Someone has messed with this one so the rail mechanism is gone. So is the motor and steering. You can still faintly see "Six Flags" painted on the side of it on one side.
      1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
      1991 Syclone - 25K miles
      1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
        Yea I saw those. Doesn't look like mine. And the guy I got it from swore it came from the Texas Six Flags. But I know the only ride at the SFOT was the old car ride.

I'm starting to wonder if it was from a different six flags....hmmmmmmm
        1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
        1991 Syclone - 25K miles
        1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

That was my favorite ride when I was a kid !!!
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I (accidently) got it off the rails when I was little. I was the "driver" and my mom was sitting shotgun. We were waiting near the end of the ride to pull forward and get out. The kid in the car behind us came up hauling ass and slammed into the back of our car. Unbeknownst to us the hit was hard enough to knock our car off the track. I hit the gas to pull forward and the car crashed straight into a brick wall that was part of the waiting area for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by boost addict View Post
              Yea I saw those. Doesn't look like mine. And the guy I got it from swore it came from the Texas Six Flags. But I know the only ride at the SFOT was the old car ride.

I'm starting to wonder if it was from a different six flags....hmmmmmmm
              The old car one is still there, but they had another setup in addition to that back in the 80s. I don't remember what the cars looked like, but I definitely remember that they had two different setups. If he says it's from SFOT, I bet it is.

Comment

Working...
              X