Scored a free chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a free chainsaw

Driving home tonight I passed down an alley and someone had thrown out all their end of the day garage sale items. I saw a big storage tub with the lid so I got out and grabbed it figuring I could always use the container. I noticed it was heavy but I didn't bother to open it. I just took it home. I open it up when I got home and its a nearly new Poulan Pro 18" chainsaw. I mean this thing is very clean, no gunk anywhere, but the bar was off of it and a side panel. Someone had completely burned up the chain brake somehow and it was seized to the clutch housing. I'm thinking the brake was engaged and someone just kept revving the shit out of it until it started smoking and seized. I took out the screws and managed to take out the assembly so the clutch could turn. I realized it had gas in it, so I primed it a few times and it fired right up! I looked it up and it currently retails at Lowes for $169. I found you can get the whole new chain brake assembly for only $24.

Still, I'm wondering if it could be something that could be covered under warranty, but I supposed if I took it anywhere I would have to show the receipt.

I threw it out, don't mind the hair and brain matter

Comment

I scored a free tv from an estate sale that just closed up shop. I could tell cause no one was home. The door was a little stuck so I had to push really really hard but eventually I got in. It looked like nobody bought anything. I didn't want to be greedy so I just took the tv.
      .....bro....

Comment

That wasn't garbage you thieving mother Fokker! I want my shit back or I'm calling the cops!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
          I scored a free tv from an estate sale that just closed up shop. I could tell cause no one was home. The door was a little stuck so I had to push really really hard but eventually I got in. It looked like nobody bought anything. I didn't want to be greedy so I just took the tv.
          ...And then you shot them 9 times!

Comment

I lol'd at " I noticed it was heavy but I didn't bother to open it. I just took it home." No way in hell I am driving off with something that heavy untill I see whats in it. Could have been a chopped up midget.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              ...And then you shot them 9 times!
              27 times but you could only hear 3
              .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                27 times but you could only hear 3
                silencer fell the fuck off

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                  silencer fell the fuck off
                  Last time I buy a suppressor made in china
                  .....bro....

Comment

I had 1 of those saws, worked really good until stolen. True story. Bought another saw, had bar off and was having chain sharpened. Went to get it one,day to find it,was stolen. Sorry bastards. Don't leave,saws,at home anymore. Sent from phone, excuse grammar/ punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                      I lol'd at " I noticed it was heavy but I didn't bother to open it. I just took it home." No way in hell I am driving off with something that heavy untill I see whats in it. Could have been a chopped up midget.
                      Bonus!

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Some bastard stole my chainsaw last night.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          That wasn't garbage you thieving mother Fokker! I want my shit back or I'm calling the cops!!!
                          Do you have yourself on speed dial?
                          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                            Some bastard stole my chainsaw last night.
                            You figured it would be funnier the fourth time?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              You figured it would be funnier the fouth time?
                              I was hoping it was the fith time.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X