Ford Flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Flex

I wanted to get some opinions out here on these cars. The wife and I have been thinking about unloading the Magnum and getting her into something new...Magnum has been a great car but we've had it 7-years now and I'd like to unload it while I can still get some decent money for it.

She is wanting something with a third row of seats but also not something too big...she'd really like to stay close to the same size as the Magnum. I took her out to look at some of the new Tahoe's today...I love anything with an LSX engine, but man I'm still just not that impressed with the interior quality (or lack there-of) that I'm seeing in these newer GM's....and they're still bigger than she is wanting anyway. I really like the looks of them on the outside though....and that newer dark metallic khacky color is pretty awesome too.

Anyways...we've got a neighbor and another friend that both own one of these Flex things....they are indeed a little odd looking, but these people can't quit raving about them. I never really paid much attention before now, but recently looked at one and that thing was damned nice on the inside. Was looking online tonight....the Titanium edition looks badass, and it's available AWD with an Ecoboost in it....it even has an optional tow package with a class-III hitch, 7-pin wiring, and 4500# capacity....that would cover my ATV trailer with a lot of room to spare. Thinking about hitting up Skip or Reid to go take one for a spin next week.

I wish Ford was already putting the Ecoboost in the Expedition....I'd be trying to steer her that way (a little selfishly).
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

you have too much money

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
      you have too much money
      Damnedest thing, that's what happens when you get a job and work your ass off.

Rreemo, I striped a Flex a week or so ago for a board member on her. His name is Jason. You may send him a PM and see what he thinks about his. He lowered it 3" I think, and put some 22" Foose wheels on it. Very clean !!

Here's the thread he posted pictures in.

At last, I've finally bought something that could use a little pinstripe, insert Aaron, this is what you end up with. Thanks again man! Jason

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
        you have too much money
        I'm getting old because I was thinking the same way.

I hope you are investing or saving as much as you are spending on these wheels. One bad turn and you can be jobless.

Comment

I like them, but they remind me of a super-sized Mini Countryman.

Comment

The Chevy Traverse is pretty nice and I believe is a comparable size to a Flex.

Comment

bill gates?

Comment

Early models had brake issues. Im sure its fine though now.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I rent the Flex every chance I get. Plenty of room, adequate power, and they handle surprisingly well.
                  - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                  1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    I'm getting old because I was thinking the same way.

I hope you are investing or saving as much as you are spending on these wheels. One bad turn and you can be jobless.
                    Savings??? Pfffttttt fuck that shit. Ball til you fall ni*ga

What kinda gay shit is this? I type ni**a and it changes to cracka? I'd never say something as stupid as cracka in my life

Comment

Thanks crash....on both fronts.

Here we go....I knew posting pics of that Porsche would draw some slack-jaw....that's why I put it off as long as I did.

FWIW - I'm not calling myself rich but I do pretty well. I have no car payments and very little debt aside from my house (which we also have a load of equity in)....I have enough cash and fully vested stock to live on for quite some time if anything were ever to happen....but I'm also well vested in my professional skills...if something were to happen I'm certain I'd have very little down-town. All of the cars are also 100% mine and any of them would be an easy sell. However, I'm also pretty confident in my job and will never give them a reason to want to see me leave....matter of fact, I try to keep it to where I am needed and do a niche role that would be hard to replace. I've had some nice offers to leave from other companies, even though I wasn't looking....they know that, and they realize my loyalty. It's been mutual so far...and for a good reason.

I've always been wise with my money and I continue to be....I've done very well in all of my real estate purchases. A pretty large % of my income goes into monthy savings and investments...and also a large chunk twice annually to charity. I do have nice things, but it's b/c I can afford them...not b/c I'm spending all of our money foolishly....I buy what I can afford, not overly spend...and in case you guys haven't noticed, I also tend to buy things that will make more money on the flip or at the least, break even (when it comes to the toy vehicles). Sure...I could go out and buy a Lambo or something like that and easily cover the monthly payment on it too....but I'm not that type...I'm not about credit or finance notes...I'll instead go for something that makes more financial sense in my situation.

So....b/c I own a couple 40-year old Chevy's and a 10-year old Porsche as play vehicles, that means I make too much money or that I spend too much?? I drive a 16-year old F150 as my DD, and my wife drives a 7-year old Dodge Magnum...I make too much money b/c I'd like to buy her a Ford Flex to be in something newer?? It's not like I'm trying to buy her a Panamerica or something.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

It was just a word, to the wise. I've seen too many people with a good job over extend themselves and then lose the job. Not implying that you are anywhere like that.

You (and i both) are fortunate to have good jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          It was just a word, to the wise. I've seen too many people with a good job over extend themselves and then lose the job. Not implying that you are anywhere like that.

You (and i both) are fortunate to have good jobs.
                          True that. I always found it funny when new car salesmen would have a good month, buy an expensive car, only to realize that not every month is going to be an $8,000 month.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Panamera!

Nah I agreed with Steve until I read what you explained.

I'm in same boat with disposable money/investments but more worried about what might happen down the road, rather not worry about shit just for a car.

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post

Here we go....I knew posting pics of that Porsche would draw some slack-jaw....that's why I put it off as long as I did.

FWIW - I'm not calling myself rich but I do pretty well. I have no car payments and very little debt aside from my house (which we also have a load of equity in)....I have enough cash and fully vested stock to live on for quite some time if anything were ever to happen....but I'm also well vested in my professional skills...if something were to happen I'm certain I'd have very little down-town. All of the cars are also 100% mine and any of them would be an easy sell. However, I'm also pretty confident in my job and will never give them a reason to want to see me leave....matter of fact, I try to keep it to where I am needed and do a niche role that would be hard to replace. I've had some nice offers to leave from other companies, even though I wasn't looking....they know that, and they realize my loyalty. It's been mutual so far...and for a good reason.

I've always been wise with my money and I continue to be....I've done very well in all of my real estate purchases. A pretty large % of my income goes into monthy savings and investments...and also a large chunk twice annually to charity. I do have nice things, but it's b/c I can afford them...not b/c I'm spending all of our money foolishly....I buy what I can afford, not overly spend...and in case you guys haven't noticed, I also tend to buy things that will make more money on the flip or at the least, break even (when it comes to the toy vehicles). Sure...I could go out and buy a Lambo or something like that and easily cover the monthly payment on it too....but I'm not that type...I'm not about credit or finance notes...I'll instead go for something that makes more financial sense in my situation.

So....b/c I own a couple 40-year old Chevy's and a 10-year old Porsche as play vehicles, that means I make too much money or that I spend too much?? I drive a 16-year old F150 as my DD, and my wife drives a 7-year old Dodge Magnum...I make too much money b/c I'd like to buy her a Ford Flex to be in something newer?? It's not like I'm trying to buy her a Panamerica or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post

Well said.
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                              X