No jobs for smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No jobs for smokers

Pulled this off drudge, it's local, and interesting.

I think its fine. Its their choice to hire whoever I want, right? I could be talking out of my ass, but who's to say who they can, or cannot hire?

If I walked into a fried chicken place right outside of a black neighborhood, and they straight up said, "We won't hire you, because your white", I would simply apply somewhere else. Why work somewhere you're not welcome? To prove a point?

Some will say "What I do in the privacy of my own home, is my own business"
    Well, if I own a company, and you're a fucking child molester in your own time, Fuck you, you're not working for me.
    I'm not comparing smoking to child molestation, but its two things SOME people don't like.

Thoughts?
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

i work for baylor. as well as not hiring smokers, the cost of insurance for smokers will go up more. granted, it's always been like that but i think the gap will be bigger.

this year we have to go to a health screening or turn in our physical info from a dr or there will be a surcharge of 25 per check for those who have baylor insurance

Comment

Awesome I love it now if more would just do it

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
        Awesome I love it now if more would just do it
        My dad owns a contracting company. There is no smoking on the clock. Whether or not it is enforced at every job site is hard to tell. But there are some non-smoking foremen who absolutely enforce it.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          My dad owns a contracting company. There is no smoking on the clock. Whether or not it is enforced at every job site is hard to tell. But there are some non-smoking foremen who absolutely enforce it.
          That's how it was with me, if you wanted to smoke it'd better be at lunch and off the jobsite. I just don't see how anyone in their right mind could be a habitual smoker. Shit is nasty, stinky, expensive, lowers your immune system, stains your teeth, ruins your car and turns people off who have to be near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
            That's how it was with me, if you wanted to smoke it'd better be at lunch and off the jobsite. I just don't see how anyone in their right mind could be a habitual smoker. Shit is nasty, stinky, expensive, lowers your immune system, stains your teeth, ruins your car and turns people off who have to be near you.
            Not that I am proud of it but a lot of what you said isn't quite right. lol

I've been smoking for 8 years and have been sick probably less than anyone I know, which probably equates to once or so a year which happens around cold/flu season. My teeth aren't stained and my truck doesn't smell of smoke.

The other points are pretty dead on.

I am actually in the process of trying to quit. I went a few days with only having one but I tend to splurge. I know its hard to go cold turkey so I am trying to phase it out.
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I think employers should have this right.

Sent from my DROIDX
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                Not that I am proud of it but a lot of what you said isn't quite right. lol

I've been smoking for 8 years and have been sick probably less than anyone I know, which probably equates to once or so a year which happens around cold/flu season. My teeth aren't stained and my truck doesn't smell of smoke.

The other points are pretty dead on.

I am actually in the process of trying to quit. I went a few days with only having one but I tend to splurge. I know its hard to go cold turkey so I am trying to phase it out.
                I smoked for a couple years in college. You, as a smoker, don't realize how godawful you smell. Trust me, when you think you don't smell, you fucking wreak.

Also for me, 'weaning' myself off of them never worked. One day you will hopefully realize that you are 100% done with cigarettes and will never look back. That's how it was for me, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                  I smoked for a couple years in college. You, as a smoker, don't realize how godawful you smell. Trust me, when you think you don't smell, you fucking wreak.

Also for me, 'weaning' myself off of them never worked. One day you will hopefully realize that you are 100% done with cigarettes and will never look back. That's how it was for me, anyway.
                  I am pretty sure I don't smell. There are ways to avoid it.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Been there man, lol. Unless you smoke, shower (well), change clothes and brush your teeth people will know you are a smoker withing ten seconds of talking. Unless it's foreverfrost and they have no sense of smell. Oh, and if you smoke in your bedroom your clothes already smell before you even smoke in them.

Comment

smoking is fucking nasty.

Comment

Oh you stink!

I never realized how bad I smelled untill I quit. I cant even ride the elevators at work now because they stink so bad.

As far as the job thing goes, I can see their point about insurance but its still discrimination. They either need to treat smokers equally or make cigarettes illegal.

Comment

Bunch of holier than thou people in hear. If I want to smoke I shall and yes I will work somewhere else.

You don't like the way someone smells get the hell away from them. Problem solved.

Comment

I don't see this as much different than drug screening.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

After living in a non-smoking household for 8 months then moving back into one, the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. I work with cars for a living and to the people who say their car isn't ruined because they don't smoke in them. I don't care that you don't smoke in them, I can still smell it, and I'm sure others can too.

Comment

Working...
                              X