No announcement yet.

Has any one had a flu shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No flu shot ever here. I have an immune system that handles that shit!

Comment

got one when i joined the military(not sure about when i was a kid but i'm pretty sure i didn't) and don't ever plan on getting one

Comment

My first year in the Air Force they forced me to get 3 flu shots; one in basic, one in tech school, and another as soon as I got to my first permanent duty station. I got the flu twice that year, and it kicked the shit out of me both times. Forced me to get the shot (or nose spray) every year for 6 years, got the flu 7 times. My first year out of the military I did not get the flu shot and I was fine. Haven't gotten one for 3 years and in those 3 years I have only had the flu once, so experience tells me I'll take my chances by not injecting myself with last years flu strain.

My wife is pregnant and works in the hospital so the Doctor highly recommended she take one, and since I know next to nothing about pregnancies and immune systems, I'll trust his judgement.

I don't mind getting certain shots to prevent certain things; smallpox, aside from being nasty as shit, really didn't give me any side effects. No problems from the meningitis shot I had to get (and that is a damn needed one from the reading I have done on it). But the difference between those and the flu shot is they actually serve to help PREVENT the disease; not infect you with it, or at the very best of circumstances HOPE it helps you. So yeah; fuck the flu shot.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

never gotten one

never gotten the flu
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I don't trust the same corporations that have been caught putting sterilization additives in vaccines and knowingly distributing vaccines with the sv40 cancer virus.

So no.
            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I have only got one once in '95, they were giving them out at work. Two weeks later I was so sick that my mother took me to her house so she could take care of me, it was the sickest I have ever been. Understand, that for nearly 3 full years I road a motorcycle 90 miles round trip to work, no matter what weather, summer, winter, rain, ice, etc. Never once even got a sniffle until I got that shot. I'll never take another one.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I get one every year through work. Never had more than a sore arm afterwards. The flu shot is a mixture of the various strains the CDC (I think) feels will most likely make it's way across the country. The one time I got the flu was when an unexpected strain came through. The most common flu treatment is Tamiflu. If you've ever suffered the side effects of Tamiflu then you wouldn't hesitate to get a flu shot.

Comment

I got a free one at work. With as many airports I fly in and out of and as many people as I come into contact with, I'll take it. I was forced to take the "live" virus for the past 6 years, the shot didn't bother me but made my arm sore as shit for a week. Makes heavy lift days at the gym fun!!
                  Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

im gonna let my immune system take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                      I don't trust the same corporations that have been caught putting sterilization additives in vaccines and knowingly distributing vaccines with the sv40 cancer virus.

So no.
                      What's sad is people don't actually look at what coming through the needle. Even when informed people will still get it, since I heard and did some research, there's no way I'll get another vaccine or flu shot.

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                      im gonna let my immune sa lot ystem take care of it.
                      This.
                      2 Chronicles 7:14
                      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Had a co-worker/friend get one two years ago at our yearly free employer flu shot event. The next day he woke up and couldn't feel his left arm and had a fever. He went to emergency room and was admitted. Over a five day period his organs started shutting down, in and out of a coma, delusions, and died late the fifth day. The CDC asked for a sample from his flu shot batch for testing and an autopsy but his parents refused to allow the autopsy so nothing really ever came of it. He did have many medicals issue of his own. Not sure if the death was related to the shot or just a timing coincidence but flu shot participation at work is at best 50% what it was two years ago.

Comment

Wish they would've done the autopsy or at the least get the flu batch tested.
                          Hopefully more and more people will realize the flu shot & vaccines aren't for the benefit or safety of the people.
                          2 Chronicles 7:14
                          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                            Wish they would've done the autopsy or at the least get the flu batch tested.
                            Hopefully more and more people will realize the flu shot & vaccines aren't for the benefit or safety of the people.
                            Vaccines aren't? Really?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              Vaccines aren't? Really?
                              Some people apparently don't know anything about TB, smallpox, rubella (sp?), measles, or mumps. Damn shame, it is. /picard

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                                Vaccines aren't? Really?
                                Nope. Why do you think so many people have died this year due to polio and smallpox?

Comment

Working...
                                X