Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had luck dealing with BFG regarding a tire problem/premature failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had luck dealing with BFG regarding a tire problem/premature failure?

I recently bought a new set of BFG KM2 35" tires for my jeep. 310 miles into owning them the sidewall completely blew out on a piece of wood while on a trail. Usually I'd chalk it up to a part of off roading, but the circumstances involved (creeping at <1mph in the middle of a desert) really upset me, and also the fact that the entire sidewall split from tread to rim - it strikes me as a potential manufacturing weakness seeing as they market these sidewalls as being some of the strongest with kevlar interlacing. It split through it and I didn't see any kevlar webbing at all. I called my tire guy up, and he made mention that he would see if he could get BFG to cover the tire, seeing as I've bought 8 BFG's in the last 4 months. Anyone had experience with this, or delt with BFG and have any idea what my chances would be?
    Last edited by CJ; 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

CJ if the tire guy is not willing to just swap it right there on the spot and take the issue up with BFG then he is blowing smoke up your rear.

I used to think the manufacture should make it right, and they should but the tire shop is who bought it from them and you bought it from him. He is their customer and you are his.

How much was the tire?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      CJ if the tire guy is not willing to just swap it right there on the spot and take the issue up with BFG then he is blowing smoke up your rear.

I used to think the manufacture should make it right, and they should but the tire shop is who bought it from them and you bought it from him. He is their customer and you are his.

How much was the tire?
      I paid $215, the cheapest any other place had it for was $250, most for $300. I just don't like the feeling rolling on tires that seem to be made of spagetti noodle webbing.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Agreed with kbs. My tire connection at Discount has always just given me a new tire, instantly, and I assume has coverage on his end for this type of thing. He also has done this when I didnt have warranty on the tire. Is your tire guy at a small shop? Discount is probably just big enough to do that without taking a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
          Agreed with kbs. My tire connection at Discount has always just given me a new tire, instantly, and I assume has coverage on his end for this type of thing. He also has done this when I didnt have warranty on the tire. Is your tire guy at a small shop? Discount is probably just big enough to do that without taking a hit.
          yeah it's a small shop - wright tire company in cleburne.

Comment

I had an issue with a set of AT TKO's that wore out too quick. NTB contacted BFG and they gave me 50% off a new set. You can also contact BFG and file your own complaint.
            David

1986 GT

Comment

Working...
            X