Video camera DVR for the house recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video camera DVR for the house recommendations

I need a night video camera DVR combo for my house. Someone broke into my vehicle last night and stole my navigation unit. Anyone have any recommendations for a good video system? Theres alot to choose from on EBay.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.759239,-97.421372

I just installed one a few weeks ago, don't ask me to help tho!

clicky clicky

Comment

I have several of the FOSCAM cameras from Amazon. They work awesome for the price. It does not have DVR capability natively, but it will take snapshots when it senses movement and either FTP or email them to you. I have a free program on my iphone that lets me view all of them remotely. I have several 8918's inside and 8904's outside. Let me know if you have any questions on them.
      DamonH

Comment

i have a swann camera setup at the house. color, night vision, can view online, on the house tv's or via iphone, and records on a dvr. picked it up from fry's. 4 cameras, dvr, wiring to run all the cameras( which i had to buy more of because my home is so palatial ) im very happy with it. i purchased it mostly to deter geor from trying to peek in my window while i shower.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i have a swann camera setup at the house. color, night vision, can view online, on the house tv's or via iphone, and records on a dvr. picked it up from fry's. 4 cameras, dvr, wiring to run all the cameras( which i had to buy more of because my home is so palatial ) im very happy with it.

god bless.
          How is the picture?
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            How is the picture?
            really clear. i'll text you a pic from my phone in a few...

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Has anyone seen the setups TigerDirect offers? Any opinions on them? Q-See

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                i have a swann camera setup at the house. color, night vision, can view online, on the house tv's or via iphone, and records on a dvr. picked it up from fry's. 4 cameras, dvr, wiring to run all the cameras( which i had to buy more of because my home is so palatial ) im very happy with it. i purchased it mostly to deter geor from trying to peek in my window while i shower.

god bless.
                How much was that setup Elvis?

---
                I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.748685,-97.301543

Comment

I have a zmodo 4 camera DVR with 4 Day/Nightime cameras and all the required cables power supplies brand new in the box. I only opened it to look everything over. I am switching to a more expensive PAN/TILT/ZOOM camera setup. PM me if you are interested. It also has the phone viewing capability etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                    I have a zmodo 4 camera DVR with 4 Day/Nightime cameras and all the required cables power supplies brand new in the box. I only opened it to look everything over. I am switching to a more expensive PAN/TILT/ZOOM camera setup. PM me if you are interested. It also has the phone viewing capability etc.
                    Sent you a pm

---
                    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.669669,-97.212256

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
                      PM returned

Comment

Went with a setup like Elvis from Fry's called Swann SWDVK-426004
                        I went Thursday evening and they had that kit for $449.99
                        I went yesterday to buy it after doing some research.

For this weekends ad they put that model on sale for $319.99 plus there's a $50 mail in rebate. Anyone looking for a camera setup that's a steal of deal. They only had about 8 left yesterday.

Comment

Heres a picture from the mobile iPhone viewer app.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                            I have several of the FOSCAM cameras from Amazon. They work awesome for the price. It does not have DVR capability natively, but it will take snapshots when it senses movement and either FTP or email them to you. I have a free program on my iphone that lets me view all of them remotely. I have several 8918's inside and 8904's outside. Let me know if you have any questions on them.
                            I've got the same setup. Wireless, good quality and high framerate. At $100 per camera, its a great deal, especially considering all cameras can pan and tilt via remote control. No other equipment to buy. With the ftp movement option and a local storage server i've got as close to a dvr unit as i need.

Comment

Working...
                            X