No announcement yet.

looking for agility/obedience traning..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for agility/obedience traning..

for my 8 month old border collie. Anyone know of a good place in Fort Worth or near area?

Train her yourself, it isn't hard, especially if you're working with a border collie. They are generally regarded as one of the smartest dog breeds, and love being given something to do or learn.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Train her yourself, it isn't hard, especially if you're working with a border collie. They are generally regarded as one of the smartest dog breeds, and love being given something to do or learn.
      We have been working with ours. The hardest problem we have is overcoming her hyperness enough to pay attention. Also, if she sees the cows, anything we have taught her goes out the door.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        We have been working with ours. The hardest problem we have is overcoming her hyperness enough to pay attention. Also, if she sees the cows, anything we have taught her goes out the door.
        ^ This..... same deal with my Pit....

Comment

Is she toy or food motivated? Clicker training works great.

Comment

Also be sure you are taking her to her vet appointments. Don't be surprised if around the age of 6 she develops Lupus. It is common in the breed, but nothing to be alarmed about. Just keep her out of prolonged direct sunlight and she will be fine.

Comment

Also be sure you are taking her to her vet appointments. Don't be surprised if around the age of 6 she develops Lupus. It is common in the breed, but nothing to be alarmed about. Just keep her out of prolonged direct sunlight and she will be fine.
              Speaks the truth. My 2 bc's are 5 and so far so good.

Comment

Mine is a mix, but mostly border collie, and over ten years old. She is an awesome and well behaved dog. Very loving and sweet, and keeping an eye on me no matter what I'm doing.

Comment

Shock collar that bitch, that will learn her

Comment

PraiseworthyPups.com in keller they have a awesome full obedience and agility course. The instructor Melinda has border collies and is awesome. We trained both our Aussies there and one of our dogs did the agility training
                    and she is deaf

Comment

Border Collies are by far the best breed if you live an active lifestyle. 1 Disc and dock diving dog the other is an agility dog.

Comment

Mine is a mix, but mostly border collie, and over ten years old. She is an awesome and well behaved dog. Very loving and sweet, and keeping an eye on me no matter what I'm doing.
                        My parents have a half BC half Chow. That dog is calm and very well behaved. She is 14 yrs old now. She lays around most of the day and everynow gets excited. When she was a puppy she was good and easy to house train. Never really cared much for toys.

My dog is a full blood BC. She is about 3 yrs old. Very sweet, loves her toys, obeys good in the house. I have seen her play frisbee in the yard by herself if we are not outside. She picks it up, throws, catches it, and then runs around with it.

When she gets out of the fence on accident or on purpose... she immediately goes and puts the cows in a circle. Unfortunately, she is not trained to put them where we want to or to stop herding when we want her to. We do not exist when she is around the cows.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by kdventura73 View Post
                          PraiseworthyPups.com in keller they have a awesome full obedience and agility course. The instructor Melinda has border collies and is awesome. We trained both our Aussies there and one of our dogs did the agility training
                          and she is deaf
                          What is the price range for good obedience training?
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by boosted View Post
                            Is she toy or food motivated? Clicker training works great.
                            Shock collars work good too but it really depends on the dog.

Comment

What is the price range for good obedience training?
                              Its $120 per course, They offer courses like basic to advanced obedience, agility beginners,intermediate,advanced, flyball,conformation(preparing dogs for AKC and how to act in a show arena) and we are going to enroll in this course called treibball, which is for developing herding skills with balls(kinda like soccer for dogs). Mustangguy289, Melinda taught us so much about how dogs think and how to correct problem like your cow herding, treibball would help you cause your BC would learn what to do with the balls after herding them though your commands and then just apply it to the cows,they would think its the ball game. We got our 2nd akc Aussie that is not deaf to herd and keep the deaf one safe and now they are inseparable and use them both herd the our cats
                              Last edited by kdventura73; 09-20-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X