Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wave at people on the road to tell them they have a near flat tire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wave at people on the road to tell them they have a near flat tire ?

Thinking about the "Chivalry is not dead" thread, when I was driving down the highway today on my way to my dad's shop, a guy driving a truck pulling a trailer passed me and I noticed his left front tire on his truck was so low it was close to running on the wheel rim.

I sped up and waved at him. After flailing my arms for what seemed like forever, the passenger finally rolled down the window and I yelled that they were about to have a flat so they waved, slowed down and took the next exit.

I don't know how many times I have tried waving at people to tell them they are about to have a flat and they either ignore me altogether, or give me that horse look, where they don't turn their heads, but just look over towards me as far as their eyes can look. Cracks me up every time, because it's like they're thinking, "OhMyGod, some crazy person is waving at me ! He's probably going to try to kill me !"

Do you guys attempt to tell someone they're about to have a flat while going down the road ? What about when someone leaves their gas door open with the gas cap hanging out ? I love seeing that one too. LOL !

I have pulled over on the side of the road to help someone with a flat tire before and the lady barely rolled down her window and told me that her husband was in his way to change it. I'm thinking, "lady, I'm right here, I can change it so your husband doesn't have to waste his time rescuing your dumb ass." Ok, have a good day sitting in your car on the side of the road waiting for your husband !

Things just aren't the way they used to be.

-Aaron

I do that to people who drive slow in the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
      Thinking about the "Chivalry is not dead" thread, when I was driving down the highway today on my way to my dad's shop, a guy driving a truck pulling a trailer passed me and I noticed his left front tire on his truck was so low it was close to running on the wheel rim.

I sped up and waved at him. After flailing my arms for what seemed like forever, the passenger finally rolled down the window and I yelled that they were about to have a flat so they waved, slowed down and took the next exit.

I don't know how many times I have tried waving at people to tell them they are about to have a flat and they either ignore me altogether, or give me that horse look, where they don't turn their heads, but just look over towards me as far as their eyes can look. Cracks me up every time, because it's like they're thinking, "OhMyGod, some crazy person is waving at me ! He's probably going to try to kill me !"

Do you guys attempt to tell someone they're about to have a flat while going down the road ? What about when someone leaves their gas door open with the gas cap hanging out ? I love seeing that one too. LOL !

I have pulled over on the side of the road to help someone with a flat tire before and the lady barely rolled down her window and told me that her husband was in his way to change it. I'm thinking, "lady, I'm right here, I can change it so your husband doesn't have to waste his time rescuing your dumb ass." Ok, have a good day sitting in your car on the side of the road waiting for your husband !

-Aaron
      Yep. Its better than being behind them when it blows and throws rubber all over your ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        i love it!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

LMAO ! I'm going to have to do that ! Gets on my nerves when people drive 10 under in the left lane and people are passing them in the right lane like they're sitting still.

Comment

Now they tell you to ignore people like you because you might be a rapist or car jacker. My grandma sends me forwarded emails all the time telling me to be careful about stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
              Now they tell you to ignore people like you because you might be a rapist or car jacker. My grandma sends me forwarded emails all the time telling me to be careful about stuff like that.
              My grandma told me that if she gets a flat she would just keep driving on it because you never know who may stop to take advantage of you.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                My grandma told me that if she gets a flat she would just keep driving on it because you never know who may stop to take advantage of you.
                I think if I saw you bent over changing a tire I would have stop and cop a feel...

Comment

Oh my God I love it. Thank you
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

LMAO ! I'm going to have to do that ! Gets on my nerves when people drive 10 under in the left lane and people are passing them in the right lane like they're sitting still.
                    the more animated you can be, the better it works. I blow my horn like crazy point to the rear passenger wheel, then draw them a visual picture of the wheel falling off and them crashing, works all the time. Not like theyre going to chase you down or anything considering how slow they drive

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                      I know. It's really sad that people immediately think someone stopping on the side of the road is there to harm them.

In my parents, and grandparents age, if someone was broke down on the side of the road, people stopped to help. Then again, in their age, people also knew how to work on their own vehicles, and knew how to change their own flat tires too.

-Aaron

Comment

Came out of a restaurant one time when it was pouring down rain and found an old couple trying to change the front tire on their land yacht (turns out the old guy had a heart replacement and was in no shape to even attempt it). Although dressed in nice clothes I went and changed their tire in the rain and the parking lot was not concrete so the ground was muddy. They were super appreciative about it and were sure to take my name and info down and even offered to take me back to the same restaurant that we came out of some other time.

Never heard from them again......... Not that I was expecting anything out of it because I was not.

Comment

the more animated you can be, the better it works. I blow my horn like crazy point to the rear passenger wheel, then draw them a visual picture of the wheel falling off and them crashing, works all the time. Not like theyre going to chase you down or anything considering how slow they drive
                          LMFAO, my uncle used to stop people and say hey your wheel and point to it, and they say "annnnd??" he goes, "your wheel, it keeps going around and around and around and around", the look on their face with how pissed they are is histerical!
                          Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

I drive by people fixing flat tires, honk my horn and wave at them as I drive by... Does that count?
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Yes, I will tell people if I can get their attention, which is difficult at times.

Here is my post from the other thread on the subject of chivalry. There is nothing wrong with being kind to people. I don't know how we got to this place in society where it's odd to be nice for no reason other than to just be nice.

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              I really try to make at least one person's day better everyday by going that extra distance.

Yesterday, we had a waiter who was working really hard, so I made a point of asking for the manager and telling him how great the waiter was and should be recongized for it. Then I did the survery on ther website to make sure it went higher than than the shift manager.

I always make a neat pile of the dishes putting them at the end of the table and wipe down the table to make it easier on the person who had to come behind us to clean up.

At the grocery store, I always push my cart all the way back to inside the store rather than leave it in the parking lot making it one less cart for someone to have to work hard to push it back inside. I'll also help elderly people and Mom's load their groceries when they have their hands full with a bratty kid and push their cart back too.

I've pumped gas for dozens of elderly people at the gas station, filled peoples tires with air when they are struggling with the hose.

Changed several tires, I don't do that as much these days if it's just me and the kiddo, but if I'm alone I will help.

I will buy food for obvious homeless people and give it to them. (never cash though)

I used to be really aggressive with my driving, not anymore. I let people in the lanes, I don't get upset, just let people go etc.

If someone is clearly having a bad day, sometimes a few words of encouragement or just being friendly can get someone through the day. Even when I'm having a shit day myself, I still try my best to be considerate of others in every situation.

I don't know why so many people percieve being kind or polite to others as weakness, or why how being percieved as weak because so relevant in our society as of late.

Comment

Working...
                              X