Had a pretty cool opportunity presented to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a pretty cool opportunity presented to me

I was at a car show Saturday just hanging out, not feeling worth a damn, and my phone rings. It's one of my car club buddies. Since I recently got my '66 Chevy pickup running and driving, he asked if I would be interested in being a push vehicle for one of the old front engine dragsters next weekend at the AAA (formerly O'Reilly) NHRA Fall Nationals in Ennis !!

Hmmmm, let me think about that for a seco.....HELL YES !!

So yesterday I went over to his house and we built a pushbar our of some square tubing, angle iron, and wood to mount to the front bumper of my truck.

I'm going to try to get it sandblasted/powdercoated today or tomorrow, and we're going to cover the wood with stainless because the back of the dragster I'll be pushing just has a bar that sticks straight out, instead of a vertical bar, and the owner/driver said he has had problems in the past with the bar getting stuck in the wood. Don't want that !

So, looks like I've got some cleaning, painting, and pinstriping to do to the truck before next weekend ! I'm thinking about striping the roof, so the spectators in the stands can see it !!

If anyone here makes it out to Ennis next weekend, and you see my old truck, come say Hi ! I'll be out there Saturday and Sunday.

-Aaron

Good for you man, sounds like a lot of fun

Comment

Fuck yeah!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That's pretty fucking cool.

Comment

Yeah, it should be a fun deal. I get 2 free passes for Saturday and Sunday, so that right there is worth going, plus being able to push start a vintage rail drag car !

I'm stoked !

Comment

Fuckin A... Ya lucky bastid!! Pictures, take plenty.

Comment

I work in Ennis, fun seeing the racers already coming in.

Comment

PS, shotgun? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                  I was at a car show Saturday just hanging out, not feeling worth a damn, and my phone rings. It's one of my car club buddies. Since I recently got my '66 Chevy pickup running and driving, he asked if I would be interested in being a push vehicle for one of the old front engine dragsters next weekend at the AAA (formerly O'Reilly) NHRA Fall Nationals in Ennis !!

Hmmmm, let me think about that for a seco.....HELL YES !!

So yesterday I went over to his house and we built a pushbar our of some square tubing, angle iron, and wood to mount to the front bumper of my truck.

I'm going to try to get it sandblasted/powdercoated today or tomorrow, and we're going to cover the wood with stainless because the back of the dragster I'll be pushing just has a bar that sticks straight out, instead of a vertical bar, and the owner/driver said he has had problems in the past with the bar getting stuck in the wood. Don't want that !

So, looks like I've got some cleaning, painting, and pinstriping to do to the truck before next weekend ! I'm thinking about striping the roof, so the spectators in the stands can see it !!

If anyone here makes it out to Ennis next weekend, and you see my old truck, come say Hi ! I'll be out there Saturday and Sunday.

-Aaron
                  We stay 5 minutes from the track so of course we will be out there
                  Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Please post pics ASAP!!!! Cant wait to see
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'll be sure to post as many pictures as my camera/battery will allow !!

Next weekend can't come soon enough !!

Comment

That is bad ass Aaron!

Comment

Badass!

Like everyone said all ready, we need tons of pics!
                          If possible, maybe even a video from the inside while youre pushing and it taking off would be fuckin rad!

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                            Badass!

Like everyone said all ready, we need tons of pics!
                            If possible, maybe even a video from the inside while youre pushing and it taking off would be fuckin rad!
                            Oh, I'll definitely have a co-pilot with me for photo and video taking !

Comment

That is awesome man! Have fun!
                              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                              George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X