lost respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    you wouldn't be who you are if you didn't have the father you have... hopefully they'll let you adopt
    I totally agree, but that doesn't mean that I/he have to do anything with him. I love my dad a lot, but there are some qualities that I want nothing to do with.

Comment

i actually think im a better person from living with him since i was about 12. i know how to be with my family by pretty much doing the opposite of him. when i was in high school, i had chores to do before he got home from work. if everything was not perfect, he would start yelling and screaming at me for the stupid little things.

Comment

that's my point... the pendulum swings...
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Damn man, sorry to hear it. I don't know what I would do without my dad. He is my best friend, and is just an all around awesome person. I really hate to hear about people having anything less than an awesome relationship with their dad.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
            Damn man, sorry to hear it. I don't know what I would do without my dad. He is my best friend, and is just an all around awesome person. I really hate to hear about people having anything less than an awesome relationship with their dad.

-Aaron
            well, i absolutely refuse to have this kind of relationship with my kids. hell, i found out that he hasn't talked to his sister in a long time, and she is really the only family he has left. i call her all the time and talk to her. it's obvious my dad isn't a family type person, but i sure am.

Comment

I don't understand a father who wouldn't be happy to have a grandchild. But people don't make sense at all.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                Conversation is:

A

B

and

C.
                Agreed. He needs to C his way out. Whether you agree with it or not, it's your parents decision.

Comment

"Have you heard anything about either of these movies?"

"I find it best to stay out of other peoples affairs."

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
                    i really think i have lost respect for my dad. my wife does not like him at all. a few years ago, while i was living in VA working for him, my wife calls me and tells me she is pregnant. i tell my dad and he flips out and tells me "you know it's early enough that you can take care of it." that really pissed me off, as it did my wife. fast forward to last week. he tells me that him and his wife are pregnant. he is 58 and she is 42. today, i called him to talk about the Cowboy game and ask about her. he then tells me that they talked about it and decided to get an abortion because women past 40 can have complications, and that he felt too old to have a child now. im guessing he consulted with his crystal ball and knew what would happen. i only believe in abortion if the woman was raped or the mother will die from the pregnancy. anyway, it just ticks me off of their decision. my wife and i believe that you should feel lucky to give birth and it dam sure shouldn't be used as birth control.
                    She could be scared that it might cause risk to her. And he could feel it wouldn't be right for him to father a child if he views his life nearing an end.

If you're not sure you're going to want to keep the kid to me you shouldn't tell people until you are positive. Not to mention your old man should be smart enough to remember wrap your willy dont be silly lol
                    To me you do have a right to be mad because that was your unborn sibling

Comment

i feel i do have that right. he is my father, and he made it his right when he told me to get an abortion of what would have been my 3rd child. it's almost, what comes around goes around. i do know it is his choice but it would have been my sibling. im not intervening in any way, but it still makes me mad.

as long as i have been around here/canada, it still amazes me how fast things can turn around.......lol

Comment

Originally posted by Momentomoir View Post
                        She could be scared that it might cause risk to her. And he could feel it wouldn't be right for him to father a child if he views his life nearing an end.

If you're not sure you're going to want to keep the kid to me you shouldn't tell people until you are positive. Not to mention your old man should be smart enough to remember wrap your willy dont be silly lol
                        To me you do have a right to be mad because that was your unborn sibling
                        You're thinking way too much. The OP mentioned the impending child, and dad said "get rid of it."

My dad wanted both me and my brother aborted, but today he would welcome a grandchild.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          You're thinking way too much. The OP mentioned the impending child, and dad said "get rid of it."

My dad wanted both me and my brother aborted, but today he would welcome a grandchild.
                          i just can't see aborting a child. there is so much love there.

Comment

I can. In fact, I usually tell women that is why I live on the second floor.

Comment

There is but you do only have one dad. It may suck but don't let it ruin a relationship yall have...
                              It just goes to show you are more mature than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentomoir View Post
                                There is but you do only have one dad. It may suck but don't let it ruin a relationship yall have...
                                It just goes to show you are more mature than him.
                                i still talk to him atleast 2 times a week. he is my father, and i do love him. i just don't have to agree with him. our relationship is rocky anyway. i do know that i will be a better father to my children and grand-father to their children.

Comment

Working...
                                X