Site for 3.8 V-6 buildup....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site for 3.8 V-6 buildup....

I'm thinking of a 3.8 V-6 buildup, and N/A carbed 5 speed setup. I hope to acheive about 230 horsepower. I found Tom Morana's site and the Super Six site.

But I need to find a site with specific part interchange, like will a 82-87 carb/CFI intake fit on the later roller engine. Do roller cam engines have a distributor gear on the cam? Will an early timing cover ( with distributor & fuel pump provisions) fit on later engines?

Any sites like this?
    Last edited by white trash wagon; 09-18-2011, 04:45 PM.

thats gunna sound nasty

Comment

No idea, but I've been grinding the idea of the new 3.7 v6 motor swapped into all kinds of RWD chassis. The 3.7 should be a dime a dozen in a couple/few years and they make over 300hp in factory trim. They are all aluminum, 10.5:1 CR, and have 4v heads. It would be awesome if someone would make a carb intake and a simple ignition box for them.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        No idea, but I've been grinding the idea of the new 3.7 v6 motor swapped into all kinds of RWD chassis. The 3.7 should be a dime a dozen in a couple/few years and they make over 300hp in factory trim. They are all aluminum, 10.5:1 CR, and have 4v heads. It would be awesome if someone would make a carb intake and a simple ignition box for them.

I raced my 2011 3.7 mustang vs. a 93 coupe with alum heads cam,gt-40 intake 373's He got me by a fender.

I bet if i had 373 gears i would have won. There strong little motors

Comment

and they actually sound good....

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
            I raced my 2011 3.7 mustang vs. a 93 coupe with alum heads cam,gt-40 intake 373's He got me by a fender.

I bet if i had 373 gears i would have won. There strong little motors
            Where strong little motors?

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
              thats gunna sound nasty
              Actually V-6's (and inline 6's) sound good with dual exhausts, but you need mufflers with a few more baffles than some of the more aggressive V-8 setups.

I think 3.8 has potential, they have aluminum heads stock, with good port layout. I think with 10:1 compression, ported heads,a good roller cam, and a 500CFM carb and good exhaust, that 230-250HP would be easy, perhaps 275HP. In a 79-82 Mustang/Capri with a T-5, good brakes & suspension... this would be a fun car.

Comment

Maybe super six motorsports. That shit looks expensive, though.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                  Actually V-6's (and inline 6's) sound good with dual exhausts, but you need mufflers with a few more baffles than some of the more aggressive V-8 setups.

I think 3.8 has potential, they have aluminum heads stock, with good port layout. I think with 10:1 compression, ported heads,a good roller cam, and a 500CFM carb and good exhaust, that 230-250HP would be easy, perhaps 275HP. In a 79-82 Mustang/Capri with a T-5, good brakes & suspension... this would be a fun car.
                  Agreed. I have a 3" exhaust pipe going into a magnaflow resonator, into magnaflow mufflers on my 92 Thunderbird SC and it sounds pretty damn good. Not quite as good as a V8, but still not bad.

Comment

Here's several answers.......

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      Where strong little motors?
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                      X