Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guesstimate on cost for 08 civic brakes and new rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guesstimate on cost for 08 civic brakes and new rotors?

Steering wheel had a hard wobble on braking, now I hear grinding as I drive down the road. Was going to try and limp to the metroplex but figure id better get it in the shop tomorrow. Any guesstimates on what this job might cost me?

Can you do the brakes yourself? You could get it done for less than half of a shop charge

Comment

Honda brakes are VERY simple. All 4 rotors and pads can probably be bought for less than $200.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        Honda brakes are VERY simple. All 4 rotors and pads can probably be bought for less than $200.
        Very simple, but many of them have a flathead screw that secures the OEM rotors to the hub. In my experience, it nearly always is seized with corrosion, requiring it to be drilled out to get the rotor off. Still pretty simple, but a PITA compared to a rotor without said screw.
        2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
          Very simple, but many of them have a flathead screw that secures the OEM rotors to the hub. In my experience, it nearly always is seized with corrosion, requiring it to be drilled out to get the rotor off. Still pretty simple, but a PITA compared to a rotor without said screw.
          PB Blaster and an impact screw driver FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            PB Blaster and an impact screw driver FTW!

Exactly!! Harbor Freight has the impact driver for what, ten bucks, if that much?
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Wouldn't be worth the drive, but i have an impact screwdriver and a can of PB blaster you can use.

Comment

too much.
                Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Looks like the cheap parts lineup from O'Reilly's is $35-ish for pads, $35-ish for rotors x2.

Or go to a shop and pay $300-$400.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Auto Parts for Your Vehicle at Reliably Low Prices. Fast Online Catalog. DIY-Easy. Your Choice of Quality. Full Manufacturer Warranty.

Comment

do it yourself or get bent over. its easy

dont forget to bleed the brakes after.
                      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                        do it yourself or get bent over. its easy

dont forget to bleed the brakes after.
                        i've never bled the brakes after doing a pad swap? i thought that if you don't open the system then no air can get in?

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          i've never bled the brakes after doing a pad swap? i thought that if you don't open the system then no air can get in?
                          It can't. Bleeding is unnecessary unless you have to replace a caliper or MC. I can guarantee that a shop that charges you $500 wouldn't bleed them either.
                          2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Working...
                          X