Decatur Swap Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decatur Swap Meet?

Did anyone go? I didn't know until late this evening that it was even going on , but the Posse grounds are full from what I was told. I'm going to try to get up there early tomorrow, looking for a Henry J

I diddent know about it either!! Might have to make the trip tomorrow.

Comment

i hear it sucked

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
        i hear it sucked
        I usually feel that way when I can't locate what I'm looking for

Comment

i didnt go just what i hear but decatur is full of junk most of the time!

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
            i didnt go just what i hear but decatur is full of junk most of the time!
            What do you consider junk though?

Comment

It sucked. The whole south field was empty. (its usually full at the Spring meet). People were asking stupid prices for crap..Wasn't worth my drive.

Comment

We didn't make it either... too far for me to drive.

Plus, the recent proliferation of shows like American Pickers-Pawn Stars-Auction Hunters-Storage Wars-Dirty Money-etc... have everybody thinking every little piece of crap they bring to sell is worth a fortune.

mardyn
                Last edited by mardyn; 09-18-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I guess my dad and I went to a different swap meet than you guys.

I bought a box, minus one piece, of Dynamat to go in my truck for $25. That shit is expensive !!

Dad bought a full set of NICE old Stewart Warner full sweep gauges for $150. 8K rpm Tach, 160 mph speedo, Fuel, mech. Oil Pressure, and mech. Water Temp.

Bought a nice Weiand dual plane SBC intake for $50, and right after that a NICE pair of Weiand finned aluminum SBC valve covers for $45.

Bought a set of letter and number stamps.

And some other small things like a handful of fuel filters for $5, and a bunch of stainless brushes for $1 a piece.

We had a great time. The weather was great, and we felt like we did really good on everything we bought. Of course, we went out there Friday first thing in the morning, and were done and gone by 12:30. The good deals are on Thursday when everyone is setting up, and Friday morning.

-Aaron

Comment

I was there friday bought a set of 1947 NOS Tx plates for my truck gave $50.00. My buddy bought a center console for a 1962 vette for $40.00 they average $300-400 on e-bay. It was not as big as the February meet and yes lots of junk but still a few deals to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                      I diddent know about it either!! Might have to make the trip tomorrow.
                      nice

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                        I guess my dad and I went to a different swap meet than you guys.

I bought a box, minus one piece, of Dynamat to go in my truck for $25. That shit is expensive !!

Dad bought a full set of NICE old Stewart Warner full sweep gauges for $150. 8K rpm Tach, 160 mph speedo, Fuel, mech. Oil Pressure, and mech. Water Temp.

Bought a nice Weiand dual plane SBC intake for $50, and right after that a NICE pair of Weiand finned aluminum SBC valve covers for $45.

Bought a set of letter and number stamps.

And some other small things like a handful of fuel filters for $5, and a bunch of stainless brushes for $1 a piece.

We had a great time. The weather was great, and we felt like we did really good on everything we bought. Of course, we went out there Friday first thing in the morning, and were done and gone by 12:30. The good deals are on Thursday when everyone is setting up, and Friday morning.

-Aaron
                        I scored pretty good too. I was out there the same time you guys were looking for a nice pair of vent windows for my 66 mustang. I found 2 really nice 65-66 mustang doors for a buddy and I was rewarded a couple of row's over with my vent windows, but I also got the door glass and rear quarter's and rear glass - all in the rare factory green tint with very very nice chrome and stainless too. I paid $80 bucks for all pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
                          I scored pretty good too. I was out there the same time you guys were looking for a nice pair of vent windows for my 66 mustang. I found 2 really nice 65-66 mustang doors for a buddy and I was rewarded a couple of row's over with my vent windows, but I also got the door glass and rear quarter's and rear glass - all in the rare factory green tint with very very nice chrome and stainless too. I paid $80 bucks for all pieces.
                          I think sometimes the problem is, people go out there just browsing, not looking for something in particular, and when they see all kinds of stuff out there, but nothing "tickles their fancy", or something is out of their price range, they say "there wasn't anything but junk out there", or "shit was too overpriced", etc.

My dad and I went out there with certain things in mind we were looking for, and found all of them, plus some goodies that were too good to pass up.

It wasn't as big as the February meet, but that was fine with us. We found everything we needed, and were gone by lunch time to go to Lindsay and eat barbecue !!

-Aaron

Comment

I had spaces at this one, and I have them at the Feb meet too. This was way smaller, with less buyers. I still had fun though.

Comment

1st year for the new location , I don't think all that many even knew about it?

I seen several items priced more than fair but, did not find what I need

( a pair of 15 x 10 Welds for mock up on an other car)

I thought this was cool

Comment

Working...
                              X