Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dog is starting to become agressive, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog is starting to become agressive, need help!

So here is the story about my Border Collie named Raider. Starting in April of this year I got raider from his 3rd home at only 12 weeks old. I got him from a lady at work who got him from someone she knew going through a divorce who got him from a breeder (with no papers). With my job being close to my parents, I would drop him off everyday at about 630am and pick him up at about 5ish (im a teacher/coach) so he would not have to suffer separation anxiety and have other dogs (lab and a Chihuahua)to play with while I am at work. Well in May I lost my job and moved in with my parents, everything was fine with him until recently. Over about the last month there has been random aggression shown towards my brother (18 and Autistic/MR) who tries to play rough with him sometimes and the parents Chihuahua. He has tried nipping at my brother and has grabbed the Chihuahua by the neck about 5 times and wont let go or listen to commands unless I or someone else goes and physically pulls him off. This only seems to happen while I am not home. I noticed when he was younger he had very strong herding tendencies, however I have not seen them since then. He is not fixed either and was planning on doing that this week, would that help?! I think this is more about trying to establish dominance, but I don't know. he has already growled at my girlfriends dog twice since I brought him over here about 30 minutes ago, and he has known him before. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated before I either move out, take him to classes, or try to find him a new home

Thanks

Euthanize. That will solve the nipping issue.

Comment

Put it down old yeller style. /thread
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I've got a very protective min pin, that snaps at everything, moreso big dogs. I live in a very dog-friendly community though, so evert time we get to a dog/owner that's willing, I let her get close and sniff. As soon as she get's agressive, I let her know that's not okay. It's been slow progress, but progress none the less.

Your dominance over the dog has nothing to do with his aggression towards other dogs. Mine is totally a people dog, listens to my every word, but she is now slowly getting used to being around other animals.

It sounds like this is happening when you're at work, so let the care givers know to give a stern warning when it happens, and a stern punishment when necessary.

Punishment is relative though, being a people dog (always at my feet), Saylee responds well to 5 or so minutes in the bathroom, that may or may not work for your Collie.

Euthanization is an option, if you're a retard on DFWM.

Comment

Bury it alive

Comment

A stern and serious "NO" followed by kenneling the dog every.single.time. You can also gently pop them on the nose each time you say, "NO."

Comment

cut his nuts....
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Herding and aggressiveness are unfortunately a trait in Border Collies that is hard if not impossible to get rid of. I've had my male BC since 8 wks old and he started off just as tame as could be and I worked hard to keep him people and other dog friendly...but he still has become very dominant and is aggressive with both other dogs and people he does not know. He knows better than to snap at me but he gets very wound up sometimes making it hard to keep him check. Oh and cutting off his junk didn't seem to make much of a difference with mine.

Comment

Drive it out to Sherman and let it loose at a truck stop. Then go home and have a beer to celebrate the peace and quiet.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    Herding and aggressiveness are unfortunately a trait in Border Collies that is hard if not impossible to get rid of. I've had my male BC since 8 wks old and he started off just as tame as could be and I worked hard to keep him people and other dog friendly...but he still has become very dominant and is aggressive with both other dogs and people he does not know. He knows better than to snap at me but he gets very wound up sometimes making it hard to keep him check. Oh and cutting off his junk didn't seem to make much of a difference with mine.
                    Total derail, but the same can be said about Pits. Upbringing can help, but genetics are genetics.

I love your dogs jluv, but have reservations about the breed.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Drive it out to Sherman and let it loose at a truck stop. Then go home and have a beer to celebrate the peace and quiet.

Ummm.....NO

Comment

Yay, let's go down the pit bull rat-hole again.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Is he agressive towards Armadillos? I will feed him to kill any that enter my backyard. You will have to take him back though, of course.
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            Yay, let's go down the pit bull rat-hole again.
                            Another derail, but Mom and I were in San Fran last weekend, and I honestly don't know how you live there. Parking was bad enough in San Diego, but holy shit.

Comment

punch it in the mouth. i bet after 2-3 hard punches to the face it stops being a fuck head dog...

2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X