Feds raid Gibson Guitar Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
    If this shuts down Gibson, imagine the value on the guitars will be now.
    i had a 1981 sunburst goldplatted LesPaul somehow walk out of my house 2 years ago...i cried

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
      Word on the rumor mill says it has more to do with Gibson not contributing to a certain political party, whereas some of their competitors do.
      lol. The truth is out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
        Word on the rumor mill says it has more to do with Gibson not contributing to a certain political party, whereas all of their competitors do.
        Fixed.
        And I believe it to be more than a rumor.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
          maybe we should form a vigilante group and raid the FBI....and the whitehouse......and wall street....and.....and...and....the list goes on. it's time for the NEW WORLD ORDER....DFWmustangs style.....from behind the keyboard! lol
          ROFL @ from behind the keyboard
          Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
            i had a 1981 sunburst goldplatted LesPaul somehow walk out of my house 2 years ago...i cried
            i have one my grandpa got when he got home from Korea have no clue what year or modal cause all the numbers have faded over the years

Comment

The really F'd up thing about the Lacy act is that the burden of proof is on you. If you have an old guitars that has ebony, rosewood, ivory, or any other controlled materials on it you are GUILTY of a felony if you don't have documentation proving that the materials are legal. This applies to items as old as the act(passed in 1900).

One of my clients has a pair of HUGE intricately carved elephant tusk on their dinning room table. I wonder what kind of paper work they have that makes them legal.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                The really F'd up thing about the Lacy act is that the burden of proof is on you. If you have an old guitars that has ebony, rosewood, ivory, or any other controlled materials on it you are GUILTY of a felony if you don't have documentation proving that the materials are legal. This applies to items as old as the act(passed in 1900).

One of my clients has a pair of HUGE intricately carved elephant tusk on their dinning room table. I wonder what kind of paper work they have that makes them legal.
                Cool story, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                  i have one my grandpa got when he got home from Korea have no clue what year or modal cause all the numbers have faded over the years
                  can you post up a pic, that would be cool to see!
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

The Economist ran a big article a while back criticizing America's penal code and judicial system. They specifically mentioned the Lacey Act as on piece of code that fucks otherwise good people all too frequently.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                      can you post up a pic, that would be cool to see!
                      i will later. im out working on the car right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        The Economist ran a big article a while back criticizing America's penal code and judicial system. They specifically mentioned the Lacey Act as on piece of code that fucks otherwise good people all too frequently.
                        While entirely accurate, those fucking limeys might want to look a bit closer to home for fucked up penal policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                          While entirely accurate, those fucking limeys might want to look a bit closer to home for fucked up penal policies.
                          Settle down. It was a good article, and that's a damn good news magazine.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                          X