Feds raid Gibson Guitar Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds raid Gibson Guitar Plant

Well the Feds are at it again. Except this time it ain't drug dealers or gun runners. It's something much more insidious.. guitar makers. The Feds, with automatic weapons drawn and gestapo boots on, raided the Gibson companies in Nashville and Memphis. They confiscated hard drives, guitars and pallets of wood. They shut down operations and have told Gibson to cease making guitars and anyone who buys a Gibson guitar will also be a criminal.

Why? Because they claim Gibson violated an obscure law in India, where their ebony wood comes from. A law that the Indian government isn't even upset over. But under the Lacey Act makes the wood bought from India just as illegal as if it had been smuggled from an endangered forest.

Come on. Really???? You invade the work place of an American Icon and treat the employees like Colombian cocaine dealers over wood that they legally purchased??? LOL is that all the Feds have to worry about now-a-days. They killed Asama so now they need a new target and there currently is no Ruby Ridges or Wacos to attack. Oh and by the way, Gibson is a Republican orientated company. While other guitar manufacturers who use the same wood and have not been attacked are Obama supporters? Hmmmm.. smells a little don't it.

What ever happened to the FBI knocking on the door and politely asking to see your records. I know it has happened because I worked for a company in the seventies that did business with a guy that embezzled from his company. The FBI showed up at our door and politely informed us of their investigation and would we allow them to look over our sales records. They didn't run into my office with guns drawn and treat me like a suspect on Americas Most Wanted.

In a day and age where American companies are fleeing over seas like rats leaving a sinking ship it is hard to believe that the government would treat an business that still employees American citizens and makes an all American product in such a heavy handed manner. Or then again taking in account who's in the White House maybe I can.

A couple of links:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Seems like that one could have been handled in a court room, not that extreme maneuver.

It's getting to be about that time.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

R

This sure seems like a waste of resources (gov't resources that is). http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576530520471223268.html?mod=googlenews_wsj Federal agents swooped in on Gibson Guitar Wednesday, raiding factories and offices in Memphis and Nashville, seizing several pallets of wood, electronic files

Comment

Word on the rumor mill says it has more to do with Gibson not contributing to a certain political party, whereas some of their competitors do.

Comment

The FBI put an old man into prisons for 30 months over the guy selling an orchid online. The guy had be raising the flower line in his hot house for 50+ years and decided that he could turn a buck by selling a few of them. Turns out that the flower had been declared an endangered species many years after he had acquired his. The Feds seized his home and savings when he refused to plea to the charges and demanded a trial. By taking his money away they sealed his fate because he was forced to use a court appointed lawyer who basically refused to defend him. He went from being very well off to completely penniless over a flower. The stress also killed his wife.

Thank god we have the FBI to defend us from this kind of scum:-(
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              The FBI put an old man into prisons for 30 months over the guy selling an orchid online. The guy had be raising the flower line in his hot house for 50+ years and decided that he could turn a buck by selling a few of them. Turns out that the flower had been declared an endangered species many years after he had acquired his. The Feds seized his home and savings when he refused to plea to the charges and demanded a trial. By taking his money away they sealed his fate because he was forced to use a court appointed lawyer who basically refused to defend him. He went from being very well off to completely penniless over a flower. The stress also killed his wife.

Thank god we have the FBI to defend us from this kind of scum:-(
              link to story?

Comment

The land of the free doesnt seem so free anymore!
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                And while his kidney stones pass,
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Wow, so rather than deal with "real" problems that we are facing as a country like the Cartels down south and our little Meth epidemic, our government is spending our money busting an American icon for making guitars. I guess spending all their time busting pot-heads, and speeders wasn't quite futile enough for them.
                  .223 > 911

Comment

maybe we should form a vigilante group and raid the FBI....and the whitehouse......and wall street....and.....and...and....the list goes on. it's time for the NEW WORLD ORDER....DFWmustangs style.....from behind the keyboard! lol

Comment

If this shuts down Gibson, imagine the value on the guitars will be now.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                        If this shuts down Gibson, imagine the value on the guitars will be now.
                        That's what I was thinking. Not really if they get shut down, but if you could get ahold of one of those "illegal" guitars. After all this blows over those few remaining will be pretty rare.
                        .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                          link to story?

George Norris, an elderly retiree, had turned his orchid hobby into a part-time business run from the greenhouse in back of his home. He would import orchids from abroad--South Africa, Brazil, Peru--and resell them at plant shows and to local enthusiasts. He never made more than a few thousand dollars a year from his orchid business, but it kept him engaged and provided a little extra money--an especially important thing as his wife, Kathy, neared retirement from her job managing a local mediation clinic.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm going to buy a Gibson today!
                            Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                            http://www.titantowing.net
                            -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

My bad, since I don't frequent the Political Forum, I only searched here.

Comment

Working...
                              X