X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still think streaming is a good price

Comment

Crap!

I forgot to cancel...will do this weekend. Not paying that much especially now knowing the STARZ is going away.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        i still think streaming is a good price
        It is, till they lose the Starz stuff... the majority of the newer more popular movies available for streaming on Netflix is under the Starz license.

For my money I'd rather stream stuff from IceFilms.info for free, they have a much larger collection of movies/shows and they quality is usually better.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          That is what greed does.
          So very true.
          They already had a winning product, which is soon going to be failing.

Comment

Every time I think of something I want to watch it isn't offered on the streaming and I hate checking the mail so that only gets done once every few weeks since I pay all my bills online. Fuck em.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              That is what greed does.
              Don't be so quick to judge. They are just merely passing the expenses MPAA and the major networks are charging for their series/movies.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Don't be so quick to judge. They are just merely passing the expenses MPAA and the major networks are charging for their series/movies.
                This. Hollywood realized how profitable Netflix was and is raising their contract prices to get some of the action. Netflix had to increase their prices to some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                  I hope they offer the people who left reduced rates in coming back, they would have to give the same promotion to the current subscribers as well, or risk even more fallout.
                  I was screaming "fuck that!" before the comma, and than was all cool after the comma.

I don't plan on cancelling, but i've only ever had the streaming option. So far for tv shows, its worth the 8 bucks a month.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                    I was screaming "fuck that!" before the comma, and than was all cool after the comma.

I don't plan on cancelling, but i've only ever had the streaming option. So far for tv shows, its worth the 8 bucks a month.
                    right, same here. Their streaming service really needs some help. Judging by how they are juggling their content, they have some server limitations. And for some reason, I haven't noticed a marked improvement at all in the last 3 years or so.

I was ready to jump ship to Hulu Plus, but after subscribing it turned out to be a pretty pointless service, cancelled after the first month.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                      How is the mail service slow? You get them the day after they ship.
                      Last month it was taking 2-3 days for me to get them. I was going to cancel before Sept 1st anyway.

Comment

We kept them through the price increase but cut back to streaming only. When we ordered disks they would sit on our TV cabinet for weeks at a time. We would stream 10 movies before watching the one that we had from the mail.

I just wish they would expand their streaming collection.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post

i just wish they would expand their streaming collection.
                          this!

Comment

If I could get everything I wanted through streaming I would be willing to $20-$30 a month for that, but until then I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              right, same here. Their streaming service really needs some help. Judging by how they are juggling their content, they have some server limitations. And for some reason, I haven't noticed a marked improvement at all in the last 3 years or so.

I was ready to jump ship to Hulu Plus, but after subscribing it turned out to be a pretty pointless service, cancelled after the first month.
                              i like hulu plus for some of the TV shows, but their movie selection sucks major monkey nuts....I do not for the life of me know where they get their movies from. so a buddy and i collaborated....he signed up for netflix streaming $8 month and i got the Hulu Plus for $8 a month and we just traded sign on/password info. so its like getting both for just $8 a month.
                              sigpic

Comment

I cancelled streaming and went from 1 disc to 2. I'd gladly pay $20 bucks a month for streaming only if their selection was ALOT bigger. And what I mean by a lot is their entire collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X