Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Antonio Riverwalk Vacation ideas needed(Halloween)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
    Boudro's.

Period.
    I did see that place and looked over their menu's.
    You can tell the cook takes pride in his work, but if I spend $50 and go home hungry, I'm gonna be mad!
    Also to mention, I could not find anything on the menus that I would consider healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      The weather will be nice that time of year so you should go up to Gruene and eat at the Gristmill. Then go next door to Gruene Hall. Also a drive up to Fredericksburg would be bad ass if yall have never been there. My wife loves going up there.
      I just checked out that menu and the food looks really good there!
      I particularly liked their fish entries.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        I just checked out that menu and the food looks really good there!
        I particularly liked their fish entries.
        Yea their food is awesome and the atmosphere is really cool also. Just ask for a table by the river.

Comment

why dont you just splurge for the weekend? youre not going to die bro....i promise.

Comment

Alright, so no one has mentioned the basement of the Alamo yet? You gotta see the basement!

And for BBQ in that area, well that's a no brainer. Texas Pride BBQ in Adkins, it's about a 15 mile trip, but from what I hear, worth every minute of the trip. Next time I head to Corpus from Austin, I'm going to make a detour.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
              I did see that place and looked over their menu's.
              You can tell the cook takes pride in his work, but if I spend $50 and go home hungry, I'm gonna be mad!
              Also to mention, I could not find anything on the menus that I would consider healthy.
              I honestly forgot what I ordered and what their portions were like but I remember it being really good. I do remember their guacamole and how good it was, so I would definitely recommend that. One of their ingridients was orange and it was a very unique taste - highly recommended. They also have the recipe on their website, I believe.

I don't remember if this was your first time or not but if you go at night, don't bring a lot of cash, maybe just 1 card. The area is a straight up shit hole. Bums sleeping in the street on the walk there, groups of deadbeats out causing trouble etc.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                Alright, so no one has mentioned the basement of the Alamo yet? You gotta see the basement!

And for BBQ in that area, well that's a no brainer. Texas Pride BBQ in Adkins, it's about a 15 mile trip, but from what I hear, worth every minute of the trip. Next time I head to Corpus from Austin, I'm going to make a detour.
                You'd be wasting your time and money. Cooper's opened up a 2nd restaurant in New Braunfels about a year ago that is good and already on your way. If I want BBQ I go to city market in Luling.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Just remembered, you need to go to the Market and Mi Tierra's.

Pan FTW!!

Mi Tierra is basically the same as La Margarita.

Comment

EATS: number 7. TxLC. That is my favorite restaurant on the planet. the onion strings.. the tortilla soup.. fillet mignon wrapped in bacon.. AHH
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      EATS: number 7. TxLC. That is my favorite restaurant on the planet. the onion strings.. the tortilla soup.. fillet mignon wrapped in bacon.. AHH
                      I think you mean #6, but I agree...I will be going there for some Smoked Sirloin, Grilled Lobster, and Grilled Shrimp!

Comment

Working...
                      X