Officer Shot in Justin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Shot in Justin

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Officer Shot in Justin

29-Year-Old Suicidal Suspect Is Suspected Shooter

Updated: Thursday, 15 Sep 2011, 10:12 AM CDT
    Published : Thursday, 15 Sep 2011, 9:38 AM CDTJUSTIN, Texas - An officer is among several people who have been shot in an incident in Justin, officials said.
    At least four people were reportedly hit by gunfire at a home in the 500 block of W 4th St. at about 9 a.m.
    According to investigators, the officer was wounded while responding to a call involving a 29-year-old suicidal suspect.
    That individual is the suspected shooter, officials said.
    The unidentified officer has been transported to Harris Methodist Hospital in an unknown condition.
    Three medical helicopters were called to the scene to transport additional victims. At least one person was taken to Denton Regional Hospital.
    No further details were immediately available.
    Justin is north of Fort Worth and about 20 miles southwest of Denton.
    Stay tuned to FOX 4 News and myfoxdfw.com for developments.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/091...#ixzz1Y2FiWyI5
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Crazy. Usually don't hear about shootings going on in that part of town
    --Marcus

Comment

Sad...

Comment

Meh, that officer was just a revenue generator who probably had too much vacation time on the books....

Comment

Goes to show you that it can happen anywhere. Prayers for the officer.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Meh, that officer was just a revenue generator who probably had too much vacation time on the books....
            Damn homie. You feeling unappreciated these days?
            Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
            http://www.titantowing.net
            -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Some is bitter.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                Damn homie. You feeling unappreciated these days?
                Nah, just a reference to another thread.

Comment

Awww...it'll be ok little buddy. They will revise their MO to keep your fellow officers out of harms way

Comment

Nah, just a reference to another thread.
                    I saw that one too...
                    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                    http://www.titantowing.net
                    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Sucks....poor cop!
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

A guy i work with said that the cop was shot in the right upper chest and his armor stoped it. He then returned fire 8 times and killed the suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by beaner72 View Post
                          A guy i work with said that the cop was shot in the right upper chest and his armor stoped it. He then returned fire 8 times and killed the suspect.
                          One could only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by beaner72 View Post
                            Actually upper arm at very close range...shotgun blast. It was pretty bad...broke his arm and blew away a lot of meat and bone. A friend is one of the trauma nurses that treated him. He was doing fine after surgery, but apparently got compartment syndrome and had to go back into surgery yesterday....not looking good right now.

The nut-case that did it was suicidal...shot his Dad and Grandfather before taking on the cop. Good thing the cop obliged his worthless ass. There are some trashy people in Justin....luckily all I have to do with that town is share their post office....I'm a good ~8 miles from the city limits.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                            X