$8000 New home buyer tax credit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real Estate Nate View Post
    You have to much free time on your hands!

I would think the entity that enforced eminent domain would be responsible for repayment of the tax credit.
    Originally posted by momo View Post
    force the person or entity relocating you to pay and additional $8k if you have to pay it back.
    i don't have enough time! lol i could definitely use a little more!

as far as getting them to pay it; that would just be a negotiating thing with them...there's nothing stating that they have to pay anything like that, so it's not likely that they're going to pay. it's always good to push for it, though...you won't know the answer until you ask.

but, if he buys another primary residence within 2-years and uses it as his primary residence for the remainder of the original 3-year period, he won't have to pay back the credit, anyway...even if he makes a profit on the sale of this house.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
      i don't have enough time! lol i could definitely use a little more!

as far as getting them to pay it; that would just be a negotiating thing with them...there's nothing stating that they have to pay anything like that, so it's not likely that they're going to pay. it's always good to push for it, though...you won't know the answer until you ask.

but, if he buys another primary residence within 2-years and uses it as his primary residence for the remainder of the original 3-year period, he won't have to pay back the credit, anyway...even if he makes a profit on the sale of this house.
      I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
      X