Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pharmacist fired for pulling gun on robber....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    If you keep an eye out, you can get Gatorade, razor blades, deodorant, shampoo, etc dirt fucking cheap.
    What are you trying to say?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      I think most places would can you for doing that. It's a liability. For one, the guy obviously couldn't follow directions since he was most likely told not to carry a gun to work in the first place. Secondly, it's a tremendous liability for the store if he shot someone. I know nobody on this board is going to agree, but that's just how it beez.
      Federal/State Law trumps some bullshit corporate policy.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        What are you trying to say?
        You smell, need a drink, and need to shave.

Comment

Originally posted by Junioropolous07 View Post
          street pharmacist FTW
          STFU Troll.

Comment

Federal/State Law trumps some bullshit corporate policy.
            State law clearly allows employers to forbid employees of bringing guns to the workplace. At least in TX, not sure about Michigan.

Comment

even of they have to give him a million dollars it will be worth it because now they have a national ad campaign due to this incident.

Comment

STFU Troll.
                Troll, haha oh last week, we were sitting up at the shop bored as shit and she says with an evil grin "lets fk with them"..so we proceed, made for an interesting read and went from 2 pages to 8 pretty quick ROFL, so you have to give me that man. Truce?
                Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                  even of they have to give him a million dollars it will be worth it because now they have a national ad campaign due to this incident.
                  Right, because everyone wants to stop at a store where nobody will protect you should some scumbag come in to rob the place. Walgreen's just got themselves a national ad campaign, advertising that they are an easy target. Just like Home Depot did unintentionally a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    This is true.

Who the hell shops at CVS?
                    Thankfully for me, A lot of people do
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      State law clearly allows employers to forbid employees of bringing guns to the workplace. At least in TX, not sure about Michigan.
                      The second amendment blows that policy out of the water. Second off, did he even sign anything about that policy? I have never seen or signed anything like that with any job I have ever had. A policy is to protect them from liability. Say he shot someone, they could say, " Our policy clearly states you cannot have a gun". Just to save their own butt. The fact alone that the robber can be shown he is trying to pull the trigger ( watch the video, you clearly see his jerking motions) is enough to show his life was deffinatly in danger. Did they have a right to fire him? Sure, if they wanted to make themselves look bad. This won't even make it to court because wallgreens will settle with him. No jury is going to side with wallgreens and they know it.

Comment

reserved

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                          I don't know if this has been posted yet... but CVS and Walgreens are owned by the same person.
                          you do not know what you are talking bout
                          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                            you do not know what you are talking bout
                            Already edited it, been searching for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                              I have never seen or signed anything like that with any job I have ever had.

Did they have a right to fire him? Sure, if they wanted to make themselves look bad. This won't even make it to court because wallgreens will settle with him. No jury is going to side with wallgreens and they know it.
                              Almost every job I've had clearly has a policy, code of conduct, whatever you call it, that clearly outlines that you can't bring firearms in the work place. And I've had to sign it, whether a wet signature or electronically.

So back to the issue at hand, it sounds like you even agree that Walgreens did in fact have a right to fire him. So if that's the case, what legal theory or remedy does the fired worker have? The facts of the actual robbery seem almost inconsequential, if in fact he knew he wasn't supposed to have a gun at work.

Comment

Who actually reads those piles and piles of conduct, policies and word thangs.
                                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                                X