Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pharmacist fired for pulling gun on robber....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
    Who actually reads those piles and piles of conduct, policies and word thangs.
    still doesn't mean you can't be held accountable for those piles and piles...
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I wish somebody like that would sue the company somehow for taking away the right for self defense or inadequate security, etc.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
        still doesn't mean you can't be held accountable for those piles and piles...
        Is there a plane above you right now? If so, that plane is what I just said and your head is, well, your head is right where it is now...
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Domino's had a similar policy when I delivered pizzas in college. I still carried anyways, I'd rather get shitcanned than lose my life.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
            Domino's had a similar policy when I delivered pizzas in college. I still carried anyways, I'd rather get shitcanned than lose my life.
            I heard those guys only make like $30 a night.

Comment

I understand insurance issues preventing employers from allowing their employees to carry, but what about the repercussions if an employee normally carries and is barred in doing so due to this policy, then winds up getting killed. Of course, the employer would argue that they weren't at fault, which is fucking stupid. A horrible double standard involving life and death.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                I understand insurance issues preventing employers from allowing their employees to carry, but what about the repercussions if an employee normally carries and is barred in doing so due to this policy, then winds up getting killed. Of course, the employer would argue that they weren't at fault, which is fucking stupid. A horrible double standard involving life and death.
                Because there are people out there like the people in Mikes thread that all they need someone to do is steal some bubble gum or chips to shoot the entire fucking store. Just because it was "illegal".
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Because there are people out there like the people in Mikes thread that all they need someone to do is steal some bubble gum or chips to shoot the entire fucking store. Just because it was "illegal".
                  Link to Mike's thread? What's this?
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    Link to Mike's thread? What's this?
                    It is the mikec nut job thread. It is 3 or so down.

Comment

It is the mikec nut job thread. It is 3 or so down.
                      Thanks for clearing that up.
                      I chase people down for walking on the sidewalk in front of my house all the time!

Comment

Then that idiot would need to be charged for murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I chase people down for walking on the sidewalk in front of my house all the time!
                          You should invisible rope them!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            God forbid some asshole throws some trash in your trash bin!

Queue the Curb Your Enthusiasm music...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                              Thankfully for me, A lot of people do
                              lolololololololololololololololol!!
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                                Almost every job I've had clearly has a policy, code of conduct, whatever you call it, that clearly outlines that you can't bring firearms in the work place. And I've had to sign it, whether a wet signature or electronically.

So back to the issue at hand, it sounds like you even agree that Walgreens did in fact have a right to fire him. So if that's the case, what legal theory or remedy does the fired worker have? The facts of the actual robbery seem almost inconsequential, if in fact he knew he wasn't supposed to have a gun at work.
                                You can sue anyone for anything. Just because they can fire him doesn't mean they cannot be sued even if he did sign the policy (which he said he did not) If I was on a jury for this, I would award the pharmacist. Thats what it comes down to. I don't know one person that wouldn't after they watch that video.

Comment

Working...
                                X