No announcement yet.

? for the ex smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee stir straws. Used to chew the shit out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
      Keeping myself busy. I tried gum and sunflower seeds and that didnt help much. After about 2 weeks it will get a lot easier. Be prepared for weird dreams for a long time though. Im going on 2 years now and still have dreams that I was chain smoking and wake up feeling guilty as hell.

Quitting smoking was probably the hardest thing I ever did but very worth it. Keep it up!!
      That's no shit I had dreams about smoking for at least a month. The worst part was going drinking, I craved a cigarette bad but you just have to fight that. I've gone almost 9 years without one cigarette and I would never touch one again, my wife has been an occasional smoker but she is up to 3 weeks without one now. Hopefully she sticks with it.

Comment

I just disassociated myself with the activities that promoted my smoking.

Comment

start working out or cardio...when cravings came, i tried e cigarettes but that was an excuse...gotta quite all together

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            any time I get a craving, I just think about how shitty I used to feel when I woke up back when i used to smoke.

that's all it takes for me
            NO SHIT!! Made hangovers 10x worse too..

Also stay away from environments where you have a chance to smoke. Best of luck to you! It took me 3 days to get over the crackhead part of it and another 2 weeks when i didnt constantly have a craving
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              NO SHIT!! Made hangovers 10x worse too..

Also stay away from environments where you have a chance to smoke. Best of luck to you! It took me 3 days to get over the crackhead part of it and another 2 weeks when i didnt constantly have a craving
              Yeah the third (and last) time I quit I would remind myself of how I caved with previous cravings, would smoke and how it tasted like stale ass and it'd do nothing but make me feel guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                sunflower seeds.. havent had a smoke in 9 months
                This would keep you busy, that is for sure. But they are an addiction all by themselves. LOL

Oh and good luck with quitting, I hear it is the hardest thing to do now days. I never understood how people ever got started......tastes and smells like shit.

Comment

This thread makes me want to give it a shot sooo bad, but I've never tried to quit just due to the fact that I'm scared of failing. How many times did it take those of you who have quit, to actually do it?

Comment

I am on about 14 hours of no cigarette, and I am out of cigarettes. Going to trying going all day.
                    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                      This thread makes me want to give it a shot sooo bad, but I've never tried to quit just due to the fact that I'm scared of failing. How many times did it take those of you who have quit, to actually do it?
                      Quitting is easy. Not starting again is the hard part.

I smoked off and on for 11 years. Sometimes months or a year without a cigarette with no issue; sometimes I couldn't go 2 hours. Ultimately, the real deciding factor is whether or not it is something you really, truly want to do.

When you are done, you're done. Putting them down is like breaking up with a long-time girlfriend or getting a divorce. At first it seems impossible to live without the other person, but you find it gets easier and eventually it's no issue at all.
                      Men have become the tools of their tools.
                      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
                        Quitting is easy. Not starting again is the hard part.

I smoked off and on for 11 years. Sometimes months or a year without a cigarette with no issue; sometimes I couldn't go 2 hours. Ultimately, the real deciding factor is whether or not it is something you really, truly want to do.

When you are done, you're done. Putting them down is like breaking up with a long-time girlfriend or getting a divorce. At first it seems impossible to live without the other person, but you find it gets easier and eventually it's no issue at all.
                        I like this theory

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
                          What helped you get over the cravings? And when did the cravings end? Today is day #6 for me and the past 2 days have been crazy with the cravings like I'm a Damn heroin addict..
                          If you talk about it, and allow yourself to think about it this much, then you're setting yourself up for a rebound.

When I quit... and I mean TRULY QUIT, I didn't have anything more to say about it, as I was no longer willing to let my addiction dictate what I was going to be thinking about and talking about all day.

This doesn't work for everyone, but my son simply wrote me a note

"Dear Momy, please stop smokig. We love you"

That was it for me. Haven't touched one since
                          Originally posted by Vertnut
                          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            any time I get a craving, I just think about how shitty I used to feel when I woke up back when i used to smoke.

that's all it takes for me
                            THIS

Also, when a smoker goes walking by and you get a good whiff of the cigarette cloud that sticks to their clothes. That will REALLY remind you why you quit.

Smokers, regardless of how fresh they try to be or how sly the think they are....aren't hiding a fucking thing. IT STINKS
                            Originally posted by Vertnut
                            I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Get a esig I have almost stopped smoking

HTC 3D EVO
                              Trick3d EVO

Comment

Anyone have tips on how to successfully quite dipping? I can get on the wagon, but I can't stay on very long.

Comment

Working...
                                X