Need some divorce info, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some divorce info, please

There's no reason to go into a long detailed story that yall don't want to hear anyway. So, I'll just ask my questions.

I know there have been several people on here that have gotten divorced. What lawyer did you use? What kind of costs can be expected, besides a lot?

We have a 2 year old son. I will be fighting for custody. Yes, I know that typically they side with the mother, but because of everything, I have a very good shot at receiving full custody. My question is, how do I fight to keep her from just taking him before the actual hearing?

Any general advice would be appreciated. I hate that it has come to this, but I don't know what else I can do. She can't even tell me what she wants or what's going through her mind. Her response is simply "I don't know." We're basically roommates and have been for several months now.

I know posting nudes of the soon to be ex have helped other members. Its always a good place to start. Sucks to hear but keep your head up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      I know posting nudes of the soon to be ex have helped other members. Its always a good place to start. Sucks to hear but keep your head up.
      Just a part of the "healing process".:wink1:

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
        My question is, how do I fight to keep her from just taking him before the actual hearing?
        Have your lawyer file a restraining order barring her from leaving the jurisdiction with the child.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Just a part of the "healing process".:wink1:
          This. It helps us share the burden of your grief.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
            There's no reason to go into a long detailed story that yall don't want to hear anyway. So, I'll just ask my questions.

I know there have been several people on here that have gotten divorced. What lawyer did you use? What kind of costs can be expected, besides a lot?

We have a 2 year old son. I will be fighting for custody. Yes, I know that typically they side with the mother, but because of everything, I have a very good shot at receiving full custody. My question is, how do I fight to keep her from just taking him before the actual hearing?

Any general advice would be appreciated. I hate that it has come to this, but I don't know what else I can do. She can't even tell me what she wants or what's going through her mind. Her response is simply "I don't know." We're basically roommates and have been for several months now.

Sorry to hear about your marriage. Now get ready to spend big. I've spent over 10k and the better part of 2 years fighting for custody of my daughter. And many would say that I've gotten off pretty lucky and its still not over. Full custody is likely not going to happen. I would discuss being primary conservator in a joint custody arrangement with your attorney.

Whatever you do, don't wait. Take the fight to her.

Comment

Post nudes of ex
              plant drugs in her car and call cops
              lawyer up, most exp you can afford
              Bang a hot chick to make you feel better

Comment

Melissa Hamrick
                817-877-4141

Just call her

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
                  Sorry to hear about your marriage. Now get ready to spend big. I've spent over 10k and the better part of 2 years fighting for custody of my daughter. And many would say that I've gotten off pretty lucky and its still not over. Full custody is likely not going to happen. I would discuss being primary conservator in a joint custody arrangement with your attorney.

Whatever you do, don't wait. Take the fight to her.
                  That's a lot of coin. That's one of my biggest worries, how to pay for everything.

If I can't get full custody, then I hope to at least get primary. I already have statements from our daycare provider as well as a marriage counselor that we saw stating who would be a better parent. Also have info regarding medication she is on, therapists she has seen, etc. I have copies of receipts showing that I initiated counseling, I order, sign, and pick up all of her meds, I take care of 100% of our finances, etc. Any time finances are brought up, she panics and goes to bed. She can not handle dealing with stress and copes by going to sleep. Not exactly something that works when being a single parent.

Comment

Dude you have the penis, get ready for it from the judge

Comment

First; Start here www.dadsdivorce.com and read "The List" in the forums.

Second; Be prepared to drop $20K on an all out custody battle. Don't go cheap on a lawyer. You're going to spend the money anyway so don't shy away from the ones with large retainers. Talk with your ex about a shared custody plan before you get lawyers involved and get it in writing. This will save you lots of money.

Third; keep your nose clean. And I mean squeaky clean.

Good luck and just a quick note. Talk to your ex if at all possible to keep things from going to an all out war.
                      The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Is there anyone on this site that is NOT divorced?
                        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                          Is there anyone on this site that is NOT divorced?
                          Me ! My 10 year anniversary is in October and we're going on our first cruise. Can't wait !

Oh, uh, sorry to hear about your troubles, OP. She sounds like a nut job. No offense. Did you not know she was a nut job before you knocked her up ?

-Aaron

Comment

delete your facebook, myspace, twitter, and what ever else there is out there. don't do anything stupid, act like your running for office. If there is any dirt they can dig up on you they will. And most of all don't do or say anything stupid

Comment

Sell your formula to me on the cheap so she doesn't get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X