X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geh fkr

Comment

Illiteracy tax.
      I thought about personalized plates, but you have a greater chance of an IRS audit. That, and I realized they were gay.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Illiteracy tax.
        I thought about personalized plates, but you have a greater chance of an IRS audit. That, and I realized they were gay.
        Interesting, why would you have a better chance of being audited or was that joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          Interesting, why would you have a better chance of being audited or was that joke?
          No, it's true. Personalized plate owners have something like a 30% higher audit rate. Whatever the number is, it's definitely statistically significant.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

No, it's true. Personalized plate owners have something like a 30% higher audit rate. Whatever the number is, it's definitely statistically significant.
            So you're saying personal plates lead to more audits, or owners of personal plates just happen to be audited more often?

Comment

That's likely an indirect correlation, like drowning occurences rising with ice cream sales. Personal plate owners likely make more money and as a result are more susceptible to audits. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
              Last edited by dustin; 09-12-2011, 02:29 PM. Reason: Corrected drowning

Comment

Originally posted by dustin View Post
                That's likely an indirect correlation, like drownings occurences rising with ice cream sales. Personal plate owners likely make more money and as a result are more susceptible to audits. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
                Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by dustin View Post
                  That's likely an indirect correlation, like drownings occurences rising with ice cream sales. Personal plate owners likely make more money and as a result are more susceptible to audits. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
                  I was about to post that.

Comment

myplates has to return something like $5 million a year for 5 years to the state on plate sales. That's why we have the most expensive vanity plates in the nation.

DMV.ORG makes understanding the Department of Motor Vehicles simple. Get quick access to DMV locations & hours, appointments, renewals, forms, practice tests & more.

Alabama Regular registration fee $23 plus additional $50 for personalized plate
                    Alaska $30 plus cost of regular registration fee
                    Arizona Standard plates can be personalized for free
                    Arkansas Ranges from $5 to $55, may include a donation to the group sponsoring the plate design
                    California Ranges from $49-$98
                    Colorado A one-time fee of $60 upon approval and a $25 fee will be collected each year thereafter for regular personalized plates
                    Connecticut $90 or $50-$145 for a special plate background
                    Delaware $40 annual fee, vanity plates $40, specialty plates $35-$50
                    Florida $12 plus annual renewal fee
                    Georgia Annual renewal fee $20, special plate fee $25, manufacturing fee $25
                    Hawaii $25 in addition to all regular fees and taxes
                    Idaho $25 and $15 annual renewal fee
                    Illinois $47 plus registration fee
                    Indiana Additional $30 for personalized plates, annual personalized license plate fee of $48
                    Iowa $25 initial fee, $5 annual validation fee
                    Kansas $46 plus additional vehicle registration fees
                    Kentucky $25 personal plate application fee and $15 registration fee
                    Louisiana $25 per year in addition to the regular registration fee, plus a one-time $3.50 administrative fee and $8 handling fee
                    Maine $25 vanity plate fee plus annual registration fee
                    Maryland $25 for initial plate, then $25 renewal fee in addition to standard registration fees
                    Massachusetts $20-$50 plus regular renewal fees
                    Michigan $30 plus standard registration fee
                    Minnesota $100
                    Mississippi $31 plus standard fees
                    Missouri $15 plus standard fee. A $15 reservation fee and EUAS (if applicable) are required for each year the plate is renewed.
                    Montana $25
                    Nebraska $40
                    Nevada Initial cost $36, annual fee $20
                    New Hampshire Registration fee plus $40 initial plate fee and $4 reflector plate fee per plate ($8 for a set)
                    New Jersey $50, in addition to the regular registration fee
                    New Mexico $17 initially and upon each regular registration renewal
                    New York Initial custom plate fee $50-$81.50, renewal fee: $31.25-$62.50
                    North Carolina Additional annual fee of $30
                    North Dakota $25 yearly fee
                    Ohio $50 in addition to the standard registration and permissive tax fees
                    Oklahoma $23 original or replacement, $21.50 renewal
                    Oregon 2-year fee $10-$50, 4-year fee for new vehicles $20-$100
                    Pennsylvania $20 plus standard registration
                    Rhode Island Backgrounds: $67.50-$81.50, Plain: Fee by weight + $90 x 2
                    South Carolina $30 plus the registration fee
                    South Dakota $25
                    Tennessee $35 plus standard registration fees
                    Texas $55-$195 plus vehicle registration fees
                    Utah Personalized plate cost is determined by each plate type, but is generally $55
                    Vermont Additional $10 for plates and $38 fee annually along with registration fee
                    Virginia $10 along with annual registration fee
                    Washington $49.75 plus standard licensing fees
                    West Virginia $45
                    Wisconsin $15 yearly in addition to regular annual registration fee
                    Wyoming $30 and a renewal fee is require annually along with regular annual registration fees
                    Washington DC $100 initial fee, $25 for replacement
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                      So you're saying personal plates lead to more audits, or owners of personal plates just happen to be audited more often?
                      It's a 100% waste of money, people that will spend that kind of cash on something as trivial as personalized plates are likely to have more hidden assets than someone who can barely afford the extra $70 one month a year to renew tags.

Comment

I get Dallas Cowboy plates for $30.00, if you want to get them personalized its $70.00, you can also get around 50 other vanity plates including college and others for the same through the TDMV website. Or ballas can go to My Plates to get raped, lol!
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                        X