Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years ago....

on 9/11/2001 where were you?

I remember walking into work not knowing what happened and everyone telling me about it.. That was one fucked up day!
    "PSH!!!"

In california, got up early to take my dad to the airport. we watched the entire thing go down live
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

in ftw working in a sbc phone office, got sent home early becuase of it was wierd seeing no planes only pd choppers flying

Comment

on my way to school when I lived in WI. Just happened to turn on the radio (which I almost never do) and heard the first tower hit. after that, everyone was in the commons or classrooms watching live, all classes cancelled. Definitely will never forget that. I remember exactly where on the freeway I was when I heard it too!
        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Just woke up to go to class. It was surreal, I thought it was a movie playing. It was my sophmore year at UNT.

Comment

Driving to school when the first tower was hit and listening to the radio. I remember exactly where I was at when I heard the news.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Was in traffic court when it happened, was surreal.

Comment

Lived in Round Rock, worked at Dell. Heard a plane had hit the WTC in NYC, we were all thinking small private plane, etc... Tried to access CNN.com, MSNBC.com, all were unavailable due to traffic overload.

Since we couldn't figure out anything, a guy I worked with ran to WalMart and got a small portable TV. We were able to pick up a signal for local news (since all web traffic was shit) and found out what was going on....

Didn't get much work done that day.

Comment

I was acting broker on our daytrading floor and I was surrounded by 6 35" TV's tuned to CNBC. I had 4 friends who were employed by Cantor Fitzgerald Securites on/around the 104th floor and while I was watching the North tower burn, I knew they were gone. Had spoken to one of them just 45 min earlier.

Steven Hagis
                  Bryan Bennett
                  Billy Sugra
                  Jody Nichilo

RIP

My cousin works for Bloomberg, and the possibility she was in the area was pretty high. Luckily she was on the ground, but she witnessed the 2nd plane fly directly over her and impact the South tower and got showered with debris. Found out later she was ok, but at the time, I and the rest of my family didn't know.

Comment

Co-op at the dealership...heard it on the radio then walked into the waiting room just in time to see the second hit on t.v.....also surreal. Two buddy's join the Corps that evening

Comment

Sitting in my bosses office eating my normal breakfast of chocolate gem donuts and chocolate milk. Bob (boss) gets a call on his cell phone from his wife, she says a small plane has flown into the world trade center in new york. Bob tells me to go grab the pos black and white tv from the break room. I grab the junky ass tv and plug it in..... Nothing but snow. I quickly remember that I found a small roll of coaxial cable in a car from a few days ago. Grab the cable and screw it into the back of tv and we get a horrible picture of a building going up in smoke. I unwind the coax cable so it would reach the closest metal abject, hoping it would become a makeshift antenna. The second I touched the cable on the screw to the nearest light switch..... The screen becomes perfectly sharp only to see the second plane hit.

I will never forget!

Comment

Sitting in my 10th grade 1st period class. Scary day having to ride the DART bus home.

Comment

On the way to work. Got there and my assistant at the time asked me if I had heard anything on the radio about some small Cessna running in to one of the Twin Towers on the way in. I hadn't, so as we had a chance, we went next door to the small engine shop since they had a tv and watched things unfold throughout the day. It was numbing to say the least. Each hour that passed became more serious and more intense as the weight of what was happening gradually sunk in. In the days that followed, I have never felt more unsafe and more concerned for the security of myself, my family, my country, my home, my money, everything. By day two, I was torn between remaining calm and pulling my money out of the bank and going full survival mode. I don't ever want to feel like that again, but the experience has prepared me for clearer thinking in future events.

Comment

I'm old. I already had my 15 year class reunion a couple of months prior.

Comment

Anyone going back to Canada to read the thread with everyone posting their reactions on that day?
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X