No good deed goes unpunished -or- When your buddy rails you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Now - unless I've known you for 10 years, you can go fuck yourself.
    Yeah. I just upped my limit to 28 years!

Comment

everyone gets burned once

Comment

Me and some other guys moved into an apartment in college. Rent was to be split into three parts. Each person was going to take a bill and be responsible for it. The others were going to net other people's share against the bill they took care of and differences were to be paid in cash. This one shithead was going to be the one taking care of electric. He didn't even make it one month, he took the money we gave him for the electric bill and up and disappeared. He ended up living in the KOA campground on southbound 35 coming out of Denton. We referred to it as the "Kicked Out on your Ass" campground after that incident. This was about 16 years ago at this point. I don't see the guy often, every once in a while, but I still don't care for the guy to this day because he hasn't been man enough to say he fucked up by doing that, much less pay us back.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          ...he hasn't been man enough to say he fucked up..
          That's what I'm saying! All it would've taken was being man enough to pick up the phone, acknowledge that he screwed up and say he was sorry. I would've let it go at that.

Comment

I was stationed at Hood and my roommate asked if he could borrow my Fender guitar and amp to play while his leg healed from breaking it. I came back and he said it had been stolen. A year later, he admitted that he had sold it because he 'needed the money'. Command made him give me 100 bucks before he could PCS.

Then, I was in the field and one of my fire team dislocated his shoulder and had to be sent back to the rear. He was supposed to go to the doctors and handle some other business while he was there and asked to borrow my truck. Me being me, I said sure and handed him my truck keys. 3 weeks later when we finally got back to the barracks, I checked my truck and the toolbox was completely empty and the truck was sitting on empty as well.

When I confronted him, he said "Man, I forgot to get gas, no problem, here's 20 bucks." No biggie there. I asked about the tools and he said "I haven't opened it. Are you sure you didn't lose them?"

Top told him to buy me new tools so to replace my toolbox of Craftsman tools, he bought a multipack of Walmart tools. I refused them and then the CO got involved. He asked if I could prove I had SEARS tools and I pulled receipts. The CO took me and him, during the duty day, and made him replace every single tool I said I had.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              I was stationed at Hood and my roommate asked if he could borrow my Fender guitar and amp to play while his leg healed from breaking it. I came back and he said it had been stolen. A year later, he admitted that he had sold it because he 'needed the money'. Command made him give me 100 bucks before he could PCS.

Then, I was in the field and one of my fire team dislocated his shoulder and had to be sent back to the rear. He was supposed to go to the doctors and handle some other business while he was there and asked to borrow my truck. Me being me, I said sure and handed him my truck keys. 3 weeks later when we finally got back to the barracks, I checked my truck and the toolbox was completely empty and the truck was sitting on empty as well.

When I confronted him, he said "Man, I forgot to get gas, no problem, here's 20 bucks." No biggie there. I asked about the tools and he said "I haven't opened it. Are you sure you didn't lose them?"

Top told him to buy me new tools so to replace my toolbox of Craftsman tools, he bought a multipack of Walmart tools. I refused them and then the CO got involved. He asked if I could prove I had SEARS tools and I pulled receipts. The CO took me and him, during the duty day, and made him replace every single tool I said I had.
              mmm victory is sweet.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thing is, we deployed to Iraq together and he hit me up for rides up until then. I guess he didn't understand fuck off
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                  I used to race in Beat The Heat. Got tired of the politics, attitudes and 100+ temps and got out.

Some of y'all saw my four-eye Fox. It wasn't fast or particularly nice, just a slow track car with a cage and a 20' paint job. It didn't cost much and it was consistent. I had about $2500 in it.

I had this long-time buddy I'd worked with who also drag raced in BTH. My buddy fell on hard times and had to sell his race car. I had mine for sale but wasn't getting any offers. I figured what the heck, my buddy was having hard times and wishing he could go racing but can't afford a car. I'll be the nice guy and let him have mine! I made it CLEAR to him that when he got tired of the car I wanted it back.

He raced two or three times and the car got parked by his barn. I talked to him in early summer, he asked if I wanted the car back. I told him I did, but needed to sell my '69 coupe to free up room for the Fox. Sold the '69. This week it cooled down. Figured I'd go pick up the Fox on Saturday. Yesterday I texted him. The conversation started off talking about work. Time between send and reply took a few minutes for each text. Then I asked about getting the Mustang back and there was no reply for like 15 minutes and he replied "in Florida now". This guy's a school police officer. I asked myself what's he doing in Florida now, with school in session?. I replied "???" He said "Never heard back from you, _____ and ______ picked up the car. Its in Florida now"

Never heard back from me? I told him before I gave him the car that I wanted it back. He agreed to that. I told him at the first of summer that I wanted the car back. I don't know what else he needed to hear back from me on. And even if he wasn't sure, how hard would it have been to pick up the phone and tell em he was about to give the car away to some BTH guy from Florida. He never replied to any of this. I asked "Ignoring me now?". His reply 'driving now. can't text and drive'.

OH! So the hour we spent talking about work didn't impede his driving skills but now he was concerned for the safety of the motoring public. I told him to call me last night. His reply: "Will do".

Of course my phone never rang last night, and thus ends a 27 year friendship that lasted through more good/bad and really bad times than I care to write about here.

PS: This isn't about the car. I'm not worried about the car - no title, just a slow, hogged-out track whore with oilfield pipe sub-frame connectors, a 5/8 nut for a steering wheel quick- disconnect, and bungee cords holding the plexiglass windows in the up position. The guy who got it has no idea that it's not supposed to be his; he just thinks he got a free car. Its not worth driving to Florida for or paying to have it shipped back. I don't know if he gave it away, traded it for something or sold it, and I guess I really don't care.

SO... Did you ever have a good friend screw you? Discuss.

Send him a ten day certified letter damanding your car back or you are filing charges. When he doesnt reply and you get your receipt back file UUMV charges on him. Thats the way it works in Dallas County.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I asked about the tools and he said "I haven't opened it. Are you sure you didn't lose them?"
                    I would have shot him in the ass once we got into combat.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

/thread

Comment

Oh and I do not loan friends anything. I either give it to them or I dont mess with it. I have seen many people over the years lose friendships over money or property. Not me, I figure one day I may be down and out and somebody will help me out if I needed it. You never know karma is one ugly mother.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

So what you're saying is you'd Tillman his ass.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's exactly why some E7/E8s I know have zero interest in running a platoon/company. It can turn into glorified babysitting and there is no reason for a 1st Sergeant to be involved in that. I know why you did that, but it's a shame senior NCOs have to do that.

I let one of my troops use my truck and he was not paying attention to what he was doing, was going the wrong way in one of the class 3 parking lots and got hit. He never fully paid up on that.

He was using the truck to move from one place to another - about 1/4 mile a part. If he'd just done that and NOT gone shopping...
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Send him a ten day certified letter damanding your car back or you are filing charges. When he doesnt reply and you get your receipt back file UUMV charges on him. Thats the way it works in Dallas County.
                              Yeah, I kinda know how it works. I'm retired police. He's police too. See the picture of the Mustang painted like a police car? Yeah, that's Beat The Heat.

As stated repeatedly, I'm not worried about the car - it was a track car with no title. The point of the thread is kind of lamenting the fact that a dude I've been buddies with for close to three decades just up and pulled this shit.

Edit: that came off a little more snippy than I intended. I'm not looking for advice on how to prosecute a criminal case. Plus, I basically GAVE him the car and said when he decides to get rid of it, give it back. No criminal court would even look at the case.
                              Last edited by JP135; 09-09-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

It's amazing what people will sacrifice for a couple of dollars. Amazing isn't the right word. Pathetic is.

Comment

Working...
                                X