A personal experience with Government waste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A personal experience with Government waste

A lady in our office recently really caught my attention. She was sitting at one of my agent's desk, asking about condos for purchase or perhaps another rental opportunity.

The catch to her rental situation was that the rent had to be paid by credit card, which was provided for/paid by FEMA. They were currently living in a small one bedroom apartment, furnished, but certainly nothing lavish- the community is 15 years old, and not in downtown proper (where prices are $2-$3/sf for a rental all day long). They are currently paying $3000/mo for an apartment that rents for $1300, with furniture that would cost another $300/mo.

$3000 a month for a small (<900sf) apartment... and then it's paid for with a credit card, which incurs interest. The place is not fancy, does not have wood floors or granite counters, etc.

Before you assume that they are here for our recent fires, they had been here for months.

Jacked up.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

wow even 1300 a month is crazy as hell for a small 1 bedroom apt

Comment

They were canadian werent they?

Comment

you should see the waste in Afghanistan and Iraq if you want to be really sick.

for a similar example we lease Rangers that cost $9k to buy for $2-3k a month for years at a time.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
        X