Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck Kalifornia

Comment

Wow they just said hopefully restored by friday afternoon!

that sux!

Comment

Now over 5 million without power

Comment

Fire Sale ni66as
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I thought this was ironic, two electricity producing power plants had to go offline after they stopped receiving electricity.

Two nuclear reactors were offline after losing electricity, but officials said there was no danger to the public or workers.
            Oh, and now the damage-control statement:

"This was not a deliberate act. The employee was just switching out a piece of equipment that was problematic," said Dan Froetscher, a vice president at APS.
            Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Damn....that seriously sucks. Wonder how many places out there have generators big enough or with enough fuel to keep essential systems up and running for that long. Bet there's gonna be a LOT of crime tonight out there. Lock N Load.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                ^ Is this guy serious?
                I heard they laugh the hardest at night.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  I thought this was ironic, two electricity producing power plants had to go offline after they stopped receiving electricity.
                  Stevo
                  Most if not ALL nuclear power plants rely on grid power to operate critical cooling and safety systems and once the grid power is lost the safety systems will not function properly and they cannot self-generate in a safe fashion which requires shutdown to prevent meltdown of the cores. The Chernobyl accident was a direct result of trying to produce power with these safety systems disabled (as well as very poor design and poorly trained employees).

Comment

No riots/looting, yet?
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      I heard they laugh the hardest at night.
                      You know that you are able to store excess power for later use right?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                        Yep, i'm one of them. San Diego gets its power from arizona and from the north. The arizona line got "cut" in some fashion (they aren't saying how yet) which overloaded the northern line which promptly took a shit, leaving us with no power. San Diego has also been having a little heatwave (95 today) which isn't helping anything. I heard that the outage runs from orange county to Tijuana and and from the coast inland well into the mountains. It's a first class cluster fuck and traffic is screwed with all of the traffic lights out. It's hot and dark in my hotel room and i don't like it.

I'm on my laptop battery with broadband celluar..... for as long as that lasts.....
                        From my understanding, both the AZ and Sac lines went down. One of my bigger clients is CalISO, which distributes most of the power to the western US. I was going to be giving him a call in the morning to get the scoop, but maybe not, now that things are coming back online.

Comment

it was the cartels you are now in mexico

Comment

probably a test run for the terrorist, sounds fishy to me. I'm stocking up on supplies today in case the SHTF Sunday.

Comment

mexicans did it!

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                                probably a test run for the terrorist, sounds fishy to me. I'm stocking up on supplies today in case the SHTF Sunday.
                                It makes you wonder given it is so close to 9/11. Could be Homeland Security organized a test to see what would happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X