Child Support (??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support (??)

Buddy of mine lost his job however he is getting a severance package for one month’s pay. Question 1. Will his child support for that month be deducted from there? Question 2. Will he have to cut a personal check to his Ex once he is on unemployment? He don’t mind doing that but he does not know how all that would work…anyone know? T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

He'll have to pay the same amount too, unless a judge lowers it

Comment

That's going to suck. Unemployment wouldn't cover my child support.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
        Buddy of mine lost his job however he is getting a severance package for one month’s pay. Question 1. Will his child support for that month be deducted from there? Question 2. Will he have to cut a personal check to his Ex once he is on unemployment? He don’t mind doing that but he does not know how all that would work…anyone know? T.I.A
        Lol at "buddy of mine"

Comment

Yall need to learn to either pull out
          or kill the woman

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            That's going to suck. Unemployment wouldn't cover my child support.
            Yup, and the judge will probably not lower it. So you be forced to get food stamps. However every year she can see the judge and they'll almost always raise it

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
              Lol at "buddy of mine"
              Yeah...lol...I told him not to divorce that biache...
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Thanks DFWM's!!! I knew you guys had the answers!

Comment

I guess it would all depend on how he "lost" his job. Cut backs, fail a drug test, poor performance, attendance, etc. All things to consider. My judge lowered cs for one of my atty's clients because he was laid off. Cs went from $1k to $300. I suppose each case is different.But then again you have to pony up the dough to go back to court.
                  The richest man in Babylon

Comment

They will DEDUCT it straight from his unemployment check,, ag don't giva good gawdamn boutcha lol

Comment

He needs to call the AG's office and see if he can get a review to change it. He should NEVER cut a check directly to his ex. Always pay it through the AG office.

Comment

The fucked up family court system isn't going to be friendly with your your friend. He will have to get a judge to lower the amount - and if he misses a payment or doesn't pay the full amount until that's lowered more than likely he will have to pay interest on that payment.

If he gets the payment lowered - the crazy bitch can still raise hell and claim he could be making x amount when he is only making y amount and get the payment raised again.

In most cases the family court system doesn't give 2 shits if the daddy is sleeping under a bridge - only if he is paying is child support...it's a fucking racket.

Really your friend should be on really good terms with his EX. Get her to play ball and you don't have to deal so much with the fucked up family court system.

Comment

Working...
                        X