No announcement yet.

My job wants to send me to Columbia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My job wants to send me to Columbia...

...Bogota to be exact...and im just a tad bit nervous about it. We have been to mexico the last 2 years on vacation but went straight from the airport to the resort and back both times. No problems with that routine at all. This on the otherhand would involve me flying in, getting a rental car, checking into some hotel, and then going to the jobsite to do the repair and reverse all that to go home. I feel that all the outside travel between destinations could leave me exposed to some degree. I would be there for a few days and by myself. Just wondering if anyone here gets around that part of the world.

Fuck that. My company has had a travel ban on Columbia about as long as I can remember...
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

There is a board member here that lives in Columbia for work and loves it, but I can't remember his name to save my life. Give me a few, I'll dig it up.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        There is a board member here that lives in Columbia for work and loves it, but I can't remember his name to save my life. Give me a few, I'll dig it up.
        Justa4Banger

Comment

It was Justa4banger, but he's in Afghanistan now, IIRC. To be fair, dude was in the 160th SOAR, lol, so he might be a little better acclimated.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'd really research it first. My company is asking for volunteers to go work in Mexico, Cuba, and UAE overseas.

Comment

I was thinking it was four sixer or something like that. Dude had a diesel jeep. Same guy?
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Your job wants to send you to Colombia. I doubt you'd have a shot at Columbia.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Well played.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

yeah justa4banger has a diesel jeep. He's not in Colombia anymore, but he does still make a booty call down there from time-to-time. From what I understand it's not the kind of place for a white kid from TX to go walking around for fun. I know my company had a week long job open up in Bogota a year or two ago and they were going to pay for armed guards and shit. No thanks...

Comment

HA, im not even going to edit the title.

<== shame

Comment

Yeah, he's not there anymore but from the way he made it sound it was pretty awesome..

Comment

My uncle was there (Bogota) for a short time, said he'd never go back. They always had to travel with some sort of security and while out his coworker (white guy) was killed. He said the only comfort he had was that he was mexican so blended in.

Comment

Originally posted by Texican View Post
                            My uncle was there (Bogota) for a short time, said he'd never go back. They always had to travel with some sort of security and while out his coworker (white guy) was killed. He said the only comfort he had was that he was mexican so blended in.
                            what time frame are we talkin here? I read on google that in the 80's and 90's it was bad news but not near as bad today.

Comment

LOL

My grandfather was a Professor at Columbia in the 50's. He wrote a textbook called The Fundamentals of Electromagnetic Waves. I don't get a single bit of information that is going on inside those covers.

I'd go to any country for work in a heartbeat. They going to give you a big bonus for this I would hope?

Comment

Working...
                              X