No announcement yet.

What did you want to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the real deal with SWAT? I remember growing up near a local guy who was SWAT and he trained hard. We'd see him running for hours. Everything I read indicated it was elite for the police forces at least. However, I see videos of people with jackets that say SWAT doing raids and they look like Navy boot camp washouts.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      What's the real deal with SWAT? I remember growing up near a local guy who was SWAT and he trained hard. We'd see him running for hours. Everything I read indicated it was elite for the police forces at least. However, I see videos of people with jackets that say SWAT doing raids and they look like Navy boot camp washouts.
      I can't speak for anyplace else, but we trained pretty hard. We had minimum physical standards and were tested every quarter - basically like doing the pre-employment physical agility test all over again four times a year. Fail the test and you're on probation. Fail again, you're gone from SWAT. Same thing with qualifying at the range, we were required to shoot 90% or better regardless what the rest of the department did. Qualify less than 90% once you're on probation. Fail to make 90% a second time you're gone. We also had to do a psychological evaluation before coming on the team and after any "critical incident" (PC-speak for shooting somebody). We didn't have any Navy boot camp washouts.

Comment

Air Force pilot.

Comment

international house pancake.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Archaeologist

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              But then the allure and jet setter lifestyle of being a parts store manager called to me and I knew what my destiny was.
              This!!!!

Comment

When I was a kid I wanted to be an architect. As I got older, that turned into a love of mechanical things and how they worked. When I graduated HS I wanted to end up doing mechanical engineering. Due to a lack of study habits and a small graduating HS class, I was outside of the top 10%, family wasn't set enough to send me to a big school so I stayed around home and got a Physics degree. Would still love to end up in engineering. I could have my industrial engineering and mathematics degree in about a year and a half...for now, I'm content making caking
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Fighter Pilot, but determined early that the military was not for me.
                  Aerospace Engineer/Astronaut - shuttle blew up my freshman year.
                  Took a Meyers-Briggs test while managing a parts store paying off a divorce, and it said I'd make a good FBI agent or a software engineer. HRT sounded interesting, but the pay sucked, so here I am as a software engineer. Good company (mostly), good pay (mostly, good bonuses, and a semi-normal work week with little travel.

So far, so good.

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up, and I'm 44.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                    international house pancake.
                    Well played
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

At a very young age - fighter pilot or a cop. I figured out I loved Economics and Finance around 12 years old.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I wanted to be a rock guitar legend from the age of about 6 or 7, and quite frankly, I still do. A good buddy of mine is in a very well known band and I get jealous every time he tells me about cool stuff that happens at shows, all the stars he's met, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          architect
                          Ditto. I spent countless hours playing with LEGO's as a kid and knew I wanted to be an architect at a young age. Started taking drafting classes (hand drawing) in the 6th grade and never looked back.

<-- living his dream and pretty certain it only gets better from here on out!

Comment

play in the NFL, race car driver,pro fisherman

Comment

Working...
                            X