No announcement yet.

What did you want to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I wanted was to be around airplanes/helicopters, as a pilot or a mechanic.

Turned out I was a lousy student, so mechanic it was. Became a helicopter pilot over the next several years, so now I fly AND work on helicopters! It may sound corny, but I am what I always wanted to be.

Comment

A Police Officer, now I would just settle for being Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Nice.

Comment

I always wanted to be a racecar driver. Still do. Astronaut was second on the list, but my terrible eyesight made it apparent neither of those would ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            My dad told me to go out and be the best goddamned Grizzly Adams I could be.

That's awesome

Comment

I wanted to work in computers for the longest time, ever since elementary school they have fascinated me. That's what I've been doing since I graduated High School, and for the most part I love it.

Comment

Professional Bull Rider
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

A Marine or a FBI agent. Did the Marine thing for a while but smoked too much pot in college to be seriously considered by the FBI. After I finish my masters I'd like to try again with a federal agency or possibly go back into the military.

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
                    As a kid I liked fighter pilots. Mostly contributed to Top Gun. Never made it that far but got to work on some pretty cool birds. Now I mostly live vicariously through other people.
                    That gave me a chuckle.

I was already in the Marines when Top Gun came out.....

But, I wanted to be a pilot before then... I can thank Black Sheep Squadron for that...

Comment

When I was real little, I wanted to be a pro baseball player. When I was in my early teens, I wanted to be a pro tennis player. Tennis was a more achievable dream since I had the talent, just that my body and mind crapped out on me.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        auto designer
                        this or some type of heavy equipment/mechanical design

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
                          As a kid I liked fighter pilots. Mostly contributed to Top Gun. Never made it that far but got to work on some pretty cool birds. Now I mostly live vicariously through other people.

So besides muff diving and pimp what was your dream profession? And kudos to the people living their dream.
                          My cousin got serious about it and went as far as joining the Corp at A&M to help him. I forget what that had to do with it, but it was some sort of stepping stone into flight school? Unfortunately he had to drop out due to finances.

Comment

Fighter pilot, racecar driver, pro football or hockey player, SWAT, or sniper. Pretty much something exciting. Didn't work out so well.
                            .223 > 911

Comment

Oh yeah, I also wanted to be a writer, or work in the American Embassy in Moscow.

But then the allure and jet setter lifestyle of being a parts store manager called to me and I knew what my destiny was.

Comment

By the time I graduated from HS I had it narrowed down to fire fighter (was already a volunteer) police officer or USMC.

PD came through first. Put in my 25 and retired at 44 - like Denny says, the internal politics was such a HUGE pain in the ass that you wouldn't believe it. Never cared anything about promoting past Senior Corporal, so I got to work in lots of different assignments. The years I spent on SWAT and Auto Theft Task Force were the absolute best. A year and a half in Traffic SUCKED ass - hated writing tickets and working wrecks.

Comment

Working...
                                X