What to wear to interview thread # 156

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    He is not the interviewer that told me this.
    You can always call. "Hi, this is _____________. We will be meeting (insert/day/time). I am told by Mr./Ms. (recruiters name here) to wear jeans for an interview because of a possible tour of the facility. Is this acceptable?"

That's just the way I would handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      You can always call. "Hi, this is _____________. We will be meeting (insert/day/time). I am told by Mr./Ms. (recruiters name here) to wear jeans for an interview because of a possible tour of the facility. Is this acceptable?"

That's just the way I would handle it.
      I highly doubt he has that contact info...but maybe? When was the last time you worked with a recruiter?

Comment

If the sport coat doesn't have suede elbow patches, don't bother.

Comment

This is what the recruiter sent me in the interview confirmation email : "If you have steel toed boots, please wear them, you are welcome to wear jeans to the interview as there may be a tour after the interview. "

Since he mentioned jeans... I will go one notch higher and wear a nice pear of Khakis

The interview is for an Engineering position at a steel mill plant.
          What kinda job? You show up to an interview for the oil company I work for in any kind of khakis and they won't hire you, just laugh at you.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            If your interviewer gives a reason to wear jeans then wear jeans. Just wear a good pair. You wear what you suggested w/ those boots you'll look desperate.
            X2

Wear jeans, nice creased shirt and your boots.

Comment

Wear some knee pads if you plan on wearing khakis.

They want you to wear jeans and steel toe boots. Keep it simple

Comment

What recruiter are you using? Or did they contact you? What is your degree in? I've been looking for the best way to break into an engineering type field.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Career Builder is where I found the job. The company uses some outside rep to prescreen. My degree is in Mechanical Engineering.

Do internships and co-ops while in school. Even if it makes school take a bit longer. Experience in the engineering field is better then graduating in 4 yrs with a 4.0 with no real work experience. 6 months before graduation... start sending your resume to every job posting.
                  Last edited by mustangguy289; 09-07-2011, 08:02 PM.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    What recruiter are you using? Or did they contact you? What is your degree in? I've been looking for the best way to break into an engineering type field.

Do you have people skills? If the answer is yes, you aren't qualified to be an engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Do you have people skills? If the answer is yes, you aren't qualified to be an engineer.
                      Wrong, you will do much better and jobs will be easier to get. The other people in the company also won't talk as bad about you being the "stupid engineer" if you have people skills.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Wrong, you will do much better and jobs will be easier to get. The other people in the company also won't talk as bad about you being the "stupid engineer" if you have people skills.
                        Right over the head

Comment

there's like .0005% of engineers that are able to interact with normal humans
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            And I'm sure they are all members here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                Probably the biggest misconception about engineering. There are a fair share of the loners...but most engineers are required to interact with a decent number of people effectively.

Comment

Working...
                                X