What to wear to interview thread # 156

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear to interview thread # 156

This is what the recruiter sent me in the interview confirmation email : "If you have steel toed boots, please wear them, you are welcome to wear jeans to the interview as there may be a tour after the interview. "

Since he mentioned jeans... I will go one notch higher and wear a nice pear of Khakis and a button down shirt.

Does that sound right?

The interview is for an Engineering position at a steel mill plant.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

sounds about right.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

If your interviewer gives a reason to wear jeans then wear jeans. Just wear a good pair. You wear what you suggested w/ those boots you'll look desperate.

Comment

When in doubt, always err on the side of dressing nicer.

When given specific suggestions, wear exactly that.

I'd show up in steel toed boots and jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          If your interviewer gives a reason to wear jeans then wear jeans. Just wear a good pair. You wear what you suggested w/ those boots you'll look desperate.
          Thumbs up.

Comment

You should wear a black suit of course.

Comment

Good luck man! I don't think they will see you as desperate considering you are currently employed with a good job. I always err on the side of dressing nicer...even when I know I'll get dirty. I don't think there would be a problem with jeans however.

Comment

To further add- Say you wear those Khaki's, your interviewer feels you are worth showing around, you inevitably get your Khaki's dirty. You going to feel a little bit a fool and your possible boss will be watching how you react.

Comment

To further add- Say you wear those Khaki's, your interviewer feels you are worth showing around, you inevitably get your Khaki's dirty. You going to feel a little bit a fool and your possible boss will be watching how you react.
                  Thinking too far into it. What's the difference in getting khakis dirty vs jeans?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Thinking too far into it. What's the difference in getting khakis dirty vs jeans?
                    Khaki's are dressier. Interviewer gave reason to wear jeans. No reason to do the "dare to be different" routine.

Comment

To add to this... I do not own a pair of steel toed boots and do not plan to buy any for what might be 2 hour interview with the POSSIBILITY of a tour. I have toured the place before in non-steel toe boots.

I just have a problem wearing jeans to an interview. The guy who told me this is a recruiter who works for a 3rd party company to pre-screen candidates for them. His idea and the engineering manager ( who will be giving the interview) may have different ideas.

I am not scared of getting a pair of Khakis dirty and it will help me feel more confident if I look nicer.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Khaki's are dressier. Interviewer gave reason to wear jeans. No reason to do the "dare to be different" routine.
                        He is not the interviewer that told me this.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I guess I see your point. To me khakis are almost the same as jeans...just a tiny step up. It's not daring to be different...it's caring to impress and respect.

Comment

Tuxedo t-shirt, short shorts, and flip flops.
                            I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              I guess I see your point. To me khakis are almost the same as jeans...just a tiny step up. It's not daring to be different...it's caring to impress and respect.
                              Exactly.. not like i am wearing a suit and tie.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X