Another Pit kills a baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Pit kills a baby

CYPRESS, Texas - Detectives say a 13-day-old baby has died after they say a pit bull dog mauled the child inside a northwest Harris County home.
    Paramedics and deputies arrived around 8 p.m. Saturday to the home on Cypress Bridge Drive near Whispering Cypress Drive in response to the reported dog mauling. They found the infant injured.
    The baby was taken by Life Flight medical helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition and was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
    Animal control officers took the large dog, a family pet, from the house.
    Detectives say the pit bull, which never showed signs of aggression in the past, was in the same room as the infant who was left in a baby sleep swing. An adult was inside the house, detectives added, but was in another room.
    The adult quickly responded, detectives say, upon hearing noise from room where the baby and dog were.
    The case will be referred to a Harris County grand jury for any possible charges to be filed.
    Baby Fatally Mauled by Pit Bull Dog | Originally Reported by MyFoxHouston.com

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/lo...#ixzz1X7eA4TyY

Sad.

Comment

I feel for the family. As pit owner I struggle to define the words I wand to say.
      2012 mustang gt. 3.31 MT

Comment

Rip

Comment

Any dog regardless of the breed should be watch with a baby that young. No matter how the dog has been in the past you never know what kind of alpha instinct could come up it's sad and my heart goes out to them but I wish some people would understand dogs like that. When I brought my daughter home my dog was not alone with her for a long time just so the dog had time to understand where his place was in the home in relation to the new baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
            Any dog regardless of the breed should be watch with a baby that young. No matter how the dog has been in the past you never know what kind of alpha instinct could come up it's sad and my heart goes out to them but I wish some people would understand dogs like that. When I brought my daughter home my dog was not alone with her for a long time just so the dog had time to understand where his place was in the home in relation to the new baby.
            So should the parents be prosecuted?

Comment

pit bulls hate babies

Comment

One of the comments said that other stations were reporting the dog to be a lab mix.
                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
                  So should the parents be prosecuted?
                  That's difficult to say I would need more information to make an opinion on that. Did they leave the baby in there with the dog intending to come right back? Was the dog in another room and while the parent was out of the room did the dog go in there? These are all things that must be taken into account to figure in if they were neglectful. I do know that after a woman has a baby she is bleeding lactating and has all kinds of fluids doing weird things. Did she leave the baby in there cause she bleed through and had blood going down her legs? Gross I know but I would be getting that stuff off as fast as I could but the bottom line is why was the dog left unattended that's the bottom line that I didn't see answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
                    Yea, we have a 12 lb standard Dachshound and a 6 lb mini Dachshound. They are ferocious around small children.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                      Yea, we have a 12 lb standard Dachshound and a 6 lb mini Dachshound. They are ferocious around small children.
                      Any dog is visious to a 13 day old if they snap at it. :-)

Comment

Hell, i was damn near paranoid when my boxer mix met my best friends daughters for the first time. She'd never seen/met humans younger than 10 before so i was a little wary to see how she'd act with two toddlers.

Animals and babies are just an unknown mix and need to be closely watched. I've seen pomerainians bite babies on the face before and its a traumatic thing.

Comment

Texas RatPit?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                            One of the comments said that other stations were reporting the dog to be a lab mix.
                            Can't be. Only pit bulls harm babies.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              Fuckin' Nazi.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X