track rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track rules?

will running my fuel lines like this disqualify me from running at the track?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

I could be wrong, but running fuel lines in the passenger compartment is usually frowned upon.

Edit:
    I have to point out my own hypocrisy in this situation. Right behind me in the pic below is the fuel cell, the -12 fuel line is less than 6" from my right hip, and the fuel pump is right between my legs, along with the power steering pump, reservoir, and steering gear. If there's a hose/line with a possibly volatile fluid in it on that car, it's in the cockpit with me. Again, not saying it's smart, but something like what I said above is a bit hypocritical coming from me.
    Last edited by racrguy; 09-05-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      I could be wrong, but running fuel lines in the passenger compartment is usually frowned upon.
      This.
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

No oil or fuel into the cabin.

Comment

it doesn't look like they go into the cabin, just in the wiper cowl area. i still think this is not legal though, i dont think any fuel related stuff is to be mounted on/through the firewall.

Comment

Get an NHRA rule book. Build to it, and you'll never have problems at a track. Others are right above, no oil or fuel in the cabin. That's been the same since the 60's. The other isssue with running anything like that is even if it doesn't go thru the cabin, but it looks like it and you cover any of that with a panel, they could fail u, or it will take longer at tech.

Good luck.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

That's such a bad idea it's not even funny. I can't begin to imagine WTF you were thinking there man - and I mean this in the kindest possible way.

If there is ONE thing you don't do in a hot rod - it's put fuel line on, in, or near the passengers. Rules or not.

Nevermind the fact those lines permeate fuel vapors to the exreme.

Comment

Dooooo iiiiit!

Comment

Why the fuck??

Comment

I know our NASA rule book allows it if in braided or better line... our camaro is that way with the silicone covered braided line.

Comment

Working...
                    X