No announcement yet.

better than ebay and woot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the thing to keep in mind... even if it's $.60 per bid, each bid is $.01, just because someone wins say a new Camaro for $600, the winner isn't necessarily paying $60,000 in $.01 bids. Hell for all you know they were able to come in and place 3 bids with the 3rd bid winning because everyone else was out of bids. So yeah, you can get stuff a lot cheaper than you would in a retail store.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Here's the thing to keep in mind... even if it's $.60 per bid, each bid is $.01, just because someone wins say a new Camaro for $600, the winner isn't necessarily paying $60,000 in $.01 bids. Hell for all you know they were able to come in and place 3 bids with the 3rd bid winning because everyone else was out of bids. So yeah, you can get stuff a lot cheaper than you would in a retail store.
      It's still like a raffle though, since you have to pay just to make the bids, as opposed to a true auction where if you don't win you're out nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        It's still like a raffle though, since you have to pay just to make the bids, as opposed to a true auction where if you don't win you're out nothing.
        With the exception of, if you arent the last person to bid and win the item on quibid, you have the option to buy the item outright for retail minus what you have invested in the auction.

I will probably try it out on things I plan on buying anyway and see if I can get a deal on them.

Comment

looks like an interesting form of gambling.

Comment

Here's the thing to keep in mind... even if it's $.60 per bid, each bid is $.01, just because someone wins say a new Camaro for $600, the winner isn't necessarily paying $60,000 in $.01 bids.
            Your math is terrible.

$600 winning bid / $.01 per bid = 60,000 bids
            60,000 bids * $.60 per bid = $36,600 in real money
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
              Your math is terrible.

$600 winning bid / $.01 per bid = 60,000 bids
              60,000 bids * $.60 per bid = $36,600 in real money
              That is true but you get the just of what I'm saying... Just because it goes for $600 winning bid, the person with the winning bid may have only placed 1 bid total.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

That is true but you get the just of what I'm saying... Just because it goes for $600 winning bid, the person with the winning bid may have only placed 1 bid total.
                Thats why I like this site so much. You can walk away with something for damn near nothing.
                Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  I will probably try it out on things I plan on buying anyway and see if I can get a deal on them.
                  I think that would be the only way I would do it, or else you risk losing however much money you paid to bid.

I wonder how often that site loses money, if at all?

Comment

It looks like when time starts getting close to running out every time that somebody places a bid, it goes back to 15 seconds. That site is fucking genius the way they do that. You might end up paying $10 for nothing, but you might end up paying $15 for something that costs $100+.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I have been watching it most of the day and I keep hating myself more and more for not thinking of it! A macbook pro sold for $275, thats $16,500 the site made for a single laptop!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X