Interesting conversation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting conversation....

Was speaking with some work folks today about how its funny that the "older" generation always thinks the "newer" generation is worthless, but the interesting conversation I'm speaking of was a side-bar about people of this generation if\when the shit hits the fan.... You know, something big....

moderate asteroid impact, big terrorist attack, single nuke launch, Zombie Apocalypse.... something that wouldn't knock out the population as a whole, but something that would knock out all basic government services and city infrastructure for a very extended length of time.

No electricity, no consistent potable water, no fresh food shipped in.... Basically going back to the 1800s overnight.

My thought was that 75% of the general US populace would have no fucking clue how to survive.

It's amazing how dependent many of us have become on just about everything....

Any thoughts?

Fucken kids!

Comment

My thoughts on this subject are, BRING IT ON!!

The sooner, the better. I know I will survive without problem. My family will survive, with exception to my Grandfather and Uncles. That will be sad, but life goes on.

The parts of society that need to be exterminated will be. It will be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
        My thoughts on this subject are, BRING IT ON!!

The sooner, the better. I know I will survive without problem. My family will survive, with exception to my Grandfather and Uncles. That will be sad, but life goes on.

The parts of society that need to be exterminated will be. It will be grand.
        I will bet you $100 that you won't survive without problems and another $100 that you won't survive, period. Problem is, I won't either, so we'll have to make arrangements in the afterlife. Or I can just welch the fuck out of it because you can't do shit to me in the afterlife.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I think your estimate of 75% is low.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I think your estimate of 75% is low.
            You may be right.... One of the guys I was talking to about this was absolutely ADAMANT that the above scenario could "never happen". It's not like this guy is stupid or a flake either... has 2 degrees and makes shit loads of money.... I told him he was being naive and had too much faith in the powers that be....

The thought that there might not be a McDonalds, Domino's, Cell Phones or Word Feud makes most people just give you a blank stare.... It's fucking crazy....

Comment

I could handle it, and would welcome some of it, except I could not survive long without insulin. Dammnit. All this planning, and it's of no use because of genetics...except no one in either side has diabetes except me. WTF?
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                I could handle it, and would welcome some of it, except I could not survive long without insulin. Dammnit. All this planning, and it's of no use because of genetics...except no one in either side has diabetes except me. WTF?
                Have you searched alternative options of regulating your blood/sugar?

Comment

I'd just come to dfwmustangs to find out what I need to do next....

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                    I'd just come to dfwmustangs to find out what I need to do next....
                    But the internet would be.... Ohhhh....

Comment

thank God i live in the country...im just worried I'd run out of ammo...maybe i need to learn how to use a bow

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
                        thank God i live in the country...im just worried I'd run out of ammo...maybe i need to learn how to use a bow
                        If you reload and have stocked up on powder, primers, and projectiles then you shouldn't worry about running out of ammo.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

My biggest fear is my glasses, If these bastards brake or get lost I'm fucked. I have a backup pair, but still depending on them for the rest of my life with out a chance of replacement scares the fuck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            My biggest fear is my glasses, If these bastards brake or get lost I'm fucked. I have a backup pair, but still depending on them for the rest of my life with out a chance of replacement scares the fuck out of me.
                            Um, lasic?
                            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

It's a long way to Montana from here. Surviving in a post apocalyptic Tejas would be tough.

Comment

Working...
                              X