Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everyone hating on the HP Touchpad and WebOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone hating on the HP Touchpad and WebOS?

After playing with WebOS for a while I think it's got a lot of potential. Well, my dualcore touchpad is overclocked to 1.5ghz and stuff but I think it's great for what it is. You can surt the web on it fine. I guess the IPAD fanboys and Android peeps really like their apps.

This has no apps really but I guess it's good for the basics. I have a feeling that HP is going to bring it back after all the hackers and developers soup it up....

haha, good luck with that. HP is probably going to license the software off to someone else if they'll buy it.

HP has already said they want out of the tablet/phone market.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      haha, good luck with that. HP is probably going to license the software off to someone else if they'll buy it.

HP has already said they want out of the tablet/phone market.
      This. WebOS is dead.

Comment

I know, right! The Sony Betamax was superior too, why did they quit making it?

Comment

Yeah, I know it's dead and will probably stay that way. But the hardware is pretty good and there's a ton of people trying to get Android ported over. I don't see ios or Android dying anytime soon.

Windows phone is trying really hard not to die too but I just don't see it competing. I have a windows phone and even with the "Mango" update I don't see it gaining ground...

Comment

Because there's so much more to mobile technology than surfing the Internet.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

big difference with HP/WebOS and Microsoft/Windows Phone.

Microsoft will make the phone a viable option, and will lose money on it. The next major release, Windows 8, will be the same layout for desktop/phone/tablet/laptop, etc. They have a pretty slick plan lined out for integrating the devices, and their software with them.

With the purchase of EDS, HP really has become a services company, despite what everyone thought was going to happen. They are going the route of IBM, keeping servers/storage and services, and spinning off desktops/mobile.

Dell with the purchase of Perot Systems is actually going to be the only major to keep it's desktop/mobile consumer business in house, and it might pay off for them in the long run. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                Dell with the purchase of Perot Systems is actually going to be the only major to keep it's desktop/mobile consumer business in house, and it might pay off for them in the long run. We will see.
                I'm really curious to see what Dell is doing with Perot Systems. They started quietly laying off people last week. I'm trying to get a few of my buddies hired at HP.

Comment

Why don't we have a forum for these type of discussions?

Oh wait...

Comment

So I tried to go buy one of those... stupid mistake. I should have known that there are 100,000 of them in Dallas on craigslist for sale for $200 for the 16gb model. I was going to buy one for a gift, but I don't care that much considering the negative press.

Comment

Working...
                    X