Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of state for couple months, what to bring/do before I go???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state for couple months, what to bring/do before I go???

Anything I'm not thinking about that I should bring?
    I've got a roommate so household stuff/mail isn't a problem, pay bills online, is there anything I should do that I'm not thinking about?

Going to bring lap top/netflix, maybe mtn bike, maybe r/c car.

Last time I went anywhere for this long was to visit my dad for the summer when I was about 10. Packing for months and a season change is pretty foreign to me.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
    Anything I'm not thinking about that I should bring?
    I've got a roommate so household stuff/mail isn't a problem, pay bills online, is there anything I should do that I'm not thinking about?

Going to bring lap top/netflix, maybe mtn bike, maybe r/c car.

Last time I went anywhere for this long was to visit my dad for the summer when I was about 10. Packing for months and a season change is pretty foreign to me.
    xbox if you game

Comment

Right hand. And a completely unrelated item... hand lotion, or some sort of lubricant.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Where ya going? Sounds fun.

Comment

ammo
          stores
          bugout bag
          faraday cage
          frosted lucky charms, they're magically delicious
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Where ya going? Sounds fun.
            Omaha Nebraska - I'm still young looking enough to hit on college girls.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            ammo
            stores
            bugout bag
            faraday cage
            frosted lucky charms, they're magically delicious
            GET OUT OF MY MIND!

I've been on a subforum of another website reading the shit out of collapse/post collapse threads here recently.

Completely unrelated to the thread, but would an EMP disable a modern car/motorcycle? Rubber tires help out any? I've seen rf shielding paints and fabrics. At first I thought about building a faraday cage that would fit over my bike (would be cheap/easy, but not really realistic) but now I'm wondering if I could turn the entire garage into a faraday cage and keep spare electronics in there just in case.

What about something old and carb'd? EMP wouldn't hurt that, would it???

Comment

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

I've been on a subforum of another website reading the shit out of collapse/post collapse threads here recently.

Completely unrelated to the thread, but would an EMP disable a modern car/motorcycle? Rubber tires help out any? I've seen rf shielding paints and fabrics. At first I thought about building a faraday cage that would fit over my bike (would be cheap/easy, but not really realistic) but now I'm wondering if I could turn the entire garage into a faraday cage and keep spare electronics in there just in case.

older carb'd vehicles, no. anything FI, yes. and tires won't do shit, because the EMP doesn't have anything to do with something being grounded.

Comment

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

The coil and dist. in an old car would still get screwed up.
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                  So, how do you protect them? Any replacement nearby would be screwed too.

Back to the faraday cage, will it protect the vehicles???

Comment

Negative. Points, condenser, and coil will be fine. Anything electric will work, any unprotected electronics will not.

Bring plenty of gasoline though, any modern gas station pumps will be rendered useless.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Wallet
                      cell phone
                      chargers
                      toiletries
                      cash

Comment

The 3 C'S

Condoms,Cash, and Coke.....
                        07 GT500
                        05 SRT10
                        88 turbocoupe T-bird
                        93 Cobra
                        86 coupe
                        Ducati 848

Comment

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                          older carb'd vehicles, no. anything FI, yes. and tires won't do shit, because the EMP doesn't have anything to do with something being grounded.
                          Um... that's why you use a faraday cage. LOL
                          Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Negative. Points, condenser, and coil will be fine. Anything electric will work, any unprotected electronics will not.

Bring plenty of gasoline though, any modern gas station pumps will be rendered useless.
                          Basically, anything with an integrated circuit will be worthless. I'm still not completely sold on just electronics if the EMP is intense enough. I've got some electrical items stashed as well. As soon as I get my land (hopefully this month) I plan on making a faraday garage.

Comment

Omaha huh.

Engine hoist cable is all you need. Oh and a tree and vehicle. Burning utility trailer is optional.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Meth ingredients

Comment

Working...
                              X