Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Man Decapitates Self In Front Of Police In 'Bizarre Incident'

File this in the WTF folder.

YORKTOWN, Va. -- A Chicago man who quickly accelerated in a sport utility vehicle with a cable around his neck decapitated himself after a domestic dispute in Yorktown, authorities said Tuesday.

York-Poquoson Sheriff Danny Diggs said a deputy responding to a call of a domestic disturbance Tuesday was taking a statement from the man's ex-wife when another deputy driving by noticed an SUV pulling a utility trailer that was on fire. Authorities say the man started the fire.

A firefighter noticed a cable around the man's neck that was attached to a tree. When deputies tried to get the man to exit the SUV, he accelerated and was pulled from the vehicle and decapitated, they say. The SUV kept going for about 150 yards.

Diggs said he arrived to a grisly scene, adding the cable was of the type that could be used to hoist an automobile engine.

"Nobody has ever heard of anything like this," Diggs said. "It's a really bizarre incident."

Diggs said the man and his ex-wife had quarreled over the man's living arrangements.

"He was looking to relocate from Chicago to this area, and he wanted her to do more than she was willing to do," Diggs said.

The sheriff said he was unsure how long the couple had been divorced. He said they have two school-age children who were not at home at the time.

Diggs said officials aren't releasing the man's name because they don't publicly identify suicide victims. However, officials said the man was 46 and from Chicago.

way to stay ahead.

Comment

Sometimes its easy to lose your head when arguing with an ex...

Comment

Accelerated to death at break neck speeds!1

Comment

Like the other thread said...How bad can life be!
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

He must have been traveling at breakneck speeds........

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
              Accelerated to death at break neck speeds!1
              Sumbitch....beat me to it!!!!

Comment

Cable? That had to hurt first. Shoulda used piano wire.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

it said he was looking to relocate away from Chicago but doesn't say where he was headed.

Comment

I'd decapitate myself too, if I had to live in Chicago.

Comment

Guess he was in above his neck.
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I wonder if he looked at the cop and said "I'm heading out!". Bonus points if he did.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

She told him that heads would roll if she had to move away from Chi-town.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

A crying shame he didn't have a better head on his shoulders.

Comment

We need to hear both sides of the story, here. I'm sure the officer was asking for some head.

FTP!

Comment

Working...
                              X