HTC Inspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    Android's UI still hasn't gotten all the way there, though. iOS still leads in that department.
    I have to disagree. Apple's ios menu navigation is better for basic programs. Finger fucking you way through an rdp app, or something similar, is a pain in the ass with an ios app.

With an android app, you know when you hit the menu button, you'll get the menu for the application you're in. Not a shit storm of settings for apps you don't care to navigate at the moment.
    sigpic

Comment

I actually have the inspire 4G now, I originally had an atrix, traded it for the inspire and love it! The reason the atrix sucks is that it still has motoblur integrated, without it, it would be a great phone. I did like the fact that it was dual core, the only problem is that nothing utilizes it yet for the phone market. I love the inspire 4G and the only other phone right now that sounds intriguing is the infuse 4g.

Comment

Originally posted by astang95 View Post
        I actually have the inspire 4G now, I originally had an atrix, traded it for the inspire and love it! The reason the atrix sucks is that it still has motoblur integrated, without it, it would be a great phone. I did like the fact that it was dual core, the only problem is that nothing utilizes it yet for the phone market. I love the inspire 4G and the only other phone right now that sounds intriguing is the infuse 4g.
        This peaks my interest BIGTIME.

It'll be what I switch to when it comes out.

Comment

Dual core 1.2ghz htc phone with sense 3.0, who the hell would buy one of those?!

Comment

Wow, im in love!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              Dual core 1.2ghz htc phone with sense 3.0, who the hell would buy one of those?!
              You know as well as I do that it will be senseless before it ever had a chance of initial setup. AOSP all the way. I cannot for the life of me understand why the manufacturers insist on making a uber smooth OS clunky with their overbearing, resource hogging overlay.

I've only been in the android scene for a short time but it didn't take me long to learn the benefits of AOSP.

On a side note, check this gem out.

Comment

You know I hate sense, but it does actually look good. I just hate all the energy it wastes. The quadrant scores on this phone are pathetic for what it is, though. Even oc'd

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                  You know I hate sense, but it does actually look good. I just hate all the energy it wastes. The quadrant scores on this phone are pathetic for what it is, though. Even oc'd
                  And you of all ppl know that quadrant amounts to diddly squat in real world performance. Even you told me that if you'd pull the sd, it'd up your disk score.

Synthetic benchies are just that. The coder can manipulate them to produce better results on a specified config vs another. It's no different than PC Game dev's or the Pande Group(F@H) writing their code to run better on nVidia GPU's as apposed to AMD. AMD, spec for spec has a more powerful hardware set than nVidia, yet synthetic benchies and some games will show otherwise.

Comment

Yeah yeah, but I have no bragging rights when my overclocked dual core 1.2ghz phone can't even hit a 3000 quadrant score, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                      Anyone have an HTC Inspire for AT&T? I've played with one a little bit and it seems like a pretty nice phone. I dig the screen size and the overall feel of the phone. Just don't know if it's worth switching from the iphone 4.

Anyone that has/had one, please chime in with your thoughts. Thanks.
                      I love mine. I'm posting from it now. The guy who thinks his bb is in the same century obviously hasn't used an Android device. I am not am Apple person. Kids have Ipods an such but I never have. My brother, mother and several others have iPhones. I wasn't impressed. My screen is bigger and mine does everything theirs does.

I thought I needed a keyboard but once I got used to the on screen one, I don't need one after all. I use an otterbox defender case. Highly recommended.

Battery life is an issue with anything powered by batteries. I use the free juice defender app. I plug it in over night and when I'm in the car. Have had it go dead a couple of times but usually that is because i forgot to plug it in overnight.

Overall big thumbs up!
                      Rich

Comment

Now you need to root it and get a real rom on there. If you haven't yet and do, you'll wonder what took you so long to do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X