no more swimming at lake texoma due to dangerous algae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    someone explain to me how algae is dangerous?
    This type of algae can release toxins into the water.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
      This type of algae can release toxins into the water.
      The fuck?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Swimming in lake water period... yack!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          The fuck?
          They did a story on the news about it. Several people have died after getting water in their nose. It gets really bad when water temps are over 80* (I think).

*edit-this may be something different, but worth mentioning...*

The family of a 7-year-old who did after contracting an amoeba warns that the parasite thrives in this summer’s extreme heat.
          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
            They did a story on the news about it. Several people have died after getting water in their nose. It gets really bad when water temps are over 80* (I think).

*edit-this may be something different, but worth mentioning...*

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/N-...127914373.html
            Yeah that's an Amoeba, those are deadly.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Authorities warn that touching the algae can cause skin irritation. Inhaling or swallowing it can cause nausea and severe diarrhea.

In extreme cases the algae can be fatal.

Comment

Working...
              X