Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with flyer miles want to help get me to Nashville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Glad it worked out man. Still look like it just has a bad injector?
    Possibly b/c it felt like it just wasn't pulling its best on the highway.

The reason the truck was running bad... out of gas!!! I stole the truck off this guy!!! Someone added an auxiliary tank and although it was reading a 1/4 tank (which you can never trust!), it was basically empty or the pick up is broken (as advised by CJ's buddy Jeff). It was pulling just enough diesel to idle, but wouldn't drive without acting like it was starved for fuel. I switched to the other tank and filled it up. After that the truck ran perfect!

The primary tank is only 14 gallons so I see why someone added the other tank. I'll have to pull it down to see what if anything is wrong with the tank/ pick up tube.

It was getting 15 MPG on the hwy coming home... that's better than my other gas wrecker and the diesel rollback so its doing ok. The truck is going to need some interior/exterior work. As it sits right now I could probably get $10-11k for it, but with another $1k in parts it should pull $14-15k easily. Not bad for a truck that I bought that "didn't run right" for $6500!!! Which was his asking price btw. After I figured out what was wrong, I did give him the option to refund my initial deposit and pay to fly me back to Texas if he wanted to try to get more for the truck. $6500 was about all I can afford right now with the wedding coming up. I know that's a steal on it and kind of screwing him around. He said he was firm on the asking price and that he would sell it either way and let me have the truck. I guess karma is to thank!

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    I guess you got a hold of Jeff?
    Turns out him and Shawn were hanging out together this weekend. Between the two of them I was able to knock down a few things. BC of Jeff's pick up tube theory that's what made me think to switch the tanks and add fuel. This way I knew it had fuel in it regardless of what the gauge showed.
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-04-2011, 02:01 PM.
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by marcs95gt View Post
      Got any pics and was it a good deal after all?
      Here's the pic I've got for now. I'll post more later once its ready for service. I thought it was a good deal at $6500.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-04-2011, 02:02 PM.
      Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

That's great news, man. Looking forward to selling you a bunch of shit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          Here's the pic I've got for now. I'll post more later once its ready for service. I thought it was a good deal at $6500.
          Not bad at all. When do I get to tow something with it?
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            Not bad at all. When do I get to tow something with it?
            Right after I do!
            Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              Right after I do!
              As long as it's not my truck, were cool!
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT
                That is total bullshit and people need to stop spreading the lie.

Hey Kyle, you wanna tell the whole story since you decided to leave certain parts out and people here are running with a BS thought?

You agreed to $250 when I called you for the car when mine died. Just said "get it out of here". I said give me a day or two to get the $250 and you responded with:
                "I'll make you the deal of all deals. You bring me what you can tomorrow. If you get the car running and driving enough to get it home and give me the money you have, then I'll float the rest of the money and just hang on to the title til its paid off.
                Now the downside is that to do this deal, I want it in writing that you will make good on the money and I want $500 total for the car (call it a finance charge)."
                I then sold a few more things and got to $300 and said can you sell it to me for that instead and if not did you want a finance charge for the remaining $50? You said $300 was fine. You also said initially all you wanted for the car was $350 and I said I would ask around but you wanted it gone and it appeared I was the only one interested in buying it.

After buying it I still had issues so I sold the car because I had no more money to put into it. I LOST money on that car as well not counting the many hours of labor I put into it.

I dont see whats so hard to understand? Kyle wasnt screwed and I didnt make any money some people just cant grasp that.
                Way to screw up a good thread. I'm just going to agree and say that you're right, if that will make you go away. End story.

I came on here and intentionally tarnish your good name! I'm the bad guy and have been lying all along just to create drama for you.

I'm at a buddy's house brewing beer for my wedding and this is all the time I have for you!
                Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

Im sorry, you are correct. I will edit out that post and not screw up your thread.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Too late. Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X