Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-4 ill look for something no more than 6 years old

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
      10-4 ill look for something no more than 6 years old
      Actually 8 years or newer would get you all the newest and best stuff in boats so 2003 and up is where I would probably stay and you will be good. As for engines, my 18ft had the little 3.0L 4 cyl motor in it and it was only 135 hp. It would move pretty good and pull anything I wanted it to and was pretty good on gas. I like the 4.3L V6 in boats though. Good power to do whatever you want and they are still good on gas as well. Should be plenty of motor for 21ft or less. Anything over that probably needs a V8.

Comment

thanks for the helpful info, my last question is which brands should i stay away from, someone earlier said tahoe, any other??

Originally posted by DOHCTR
        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

In for fishing trip
          Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

my boat is kept in the garage and never have winterized it as I use it year round. slips on eagle mountain run from 150-200 a month

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              thanks for the helpful info, my last question is which brands should i stay away from, someone earlier said tahoe, any other??
              I have heard that about Tahoe but I actually think they make a pretty well built boat. Bayliner is another brand with a bad rep but if you buy something that is 5 years old or newer you are going to get a pretty solid boat. In the mid to late 90's is when manufacturers started switching to full fiberglass construction (no more wood), fuel injection, and big advances. Boats within the last 7 or so years all have that now. I would be more concerned with the condition of the boat and the price you are getting it for than the brand. If you like the boat don't worry about the brand. When I bought my Glastron I was told my many that it was a shitty brand with the worst engine... It was very clean, I really liked the color scheme, all the mechanical stuff checked out fine, and I got it for several thousand below book value. 6 years later I sold it for $750 less than I paid... tell me that's not a bad ass boat!

Just take your time and find the best deal possible.

Comment

Working...
              X