boat owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
    i have mine at a storage place with a cover on it. works good but make sure you get a cover that allows the rain etc to drain off. youll spend a bunch of money renting a slip not worth it IMO
    are storage areas safe to house them? i mean it doesn't seem that hard for someone to just drive in and hook up your boat and just drive off, i have called some storage areas and they charge like 75 dollars a month for a parking space with a cover

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
      this is something i was thinking about as well, with a slip how do you take the boat out and clean it, im thinking of just going ahead and storing it at my house so that i would be able to winterize it in the winter and clean it after each use
      Detailing a boat in a slip isn't very hard at all. And there's not much you have to do to winterize a boat especially if you pick up a bilge heater.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

are storage areas safe to house them? i mean it doesn't seem that hard for someone to just drive in and hook up your boat and just drive off, i have called some storage areas and they charge like 75 dollars a month for a parking space with a cover
        Most of the dry storage places I've seen that offer covered storage will have doors that lock on their storage bays. It'll pretty much come down to how well you lock your shit down to keep it from getting stolen. Cant say I've heard of anyone getting their boat stolen from dry storage but it's not to say it can't happen.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

also what boat would yall recommend? im thinking about a 22-25ft runabout, since its my first boat maybe something used under 15k with enough power to go tubing, and stuff like that, i know to do wake boarding you have to have a high point on the boat, but that can simply be added on right?

Comment

Storage places aren't that much cheaper than a slip...Depending on location. I know several people on lake Dallas/lewisville and ray Hubbard for under 200 per month. You can also tack a hydra-hoist onto your monthly dues.

Comment

also what boat would yall recommend? im thinking about a 22-25ft runabout, since its my first boat maybe something used under 15k with enough power to go tubing, and stuff like that, i know to do wake boarding you have to have a high point on the boat, but that can simply be added on right?
              i wakeboard behind my boat. It doesnt have a tower but i dont jump or do flips so it doesnt matter. your looking at 5-6K a yr for a slip for a boat that costs 15K. keep it in storage it will be fine in the middle of winter youll be hating life paying 500 a month for a boat slip. if your a baller than it doesnt matter

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                i wakeboard behind my boat. It doesnt have a tower but i dont jump or do flips so it doesnt matter. your looking at 5-6K a yr for a slip for a boat that costs 15K. keep it in storage it will be fine in the middle of winter youll be hating life paying 500 a month for a boat slip. if your a baller than it doesnt matter
                Youve gotta seek out the expensive places if you really think it's 5-6K. That's high end in dfw. It's more like 2-3K

Comment

Mine is parked in my shop, very back corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Youve gotta seek out the expensive places if you really think it's 5-6K. That's high end in dfw. It's more like 2-3K
                    yeah both LRH and Joe pool quoted me around 1800 for a year on a slip

Comment

The cost of the slip all depends on the size of the slip. $5-6k a year for a slip isn't all that expensive for a big slip. Yeah if you've got a 16-22' boat then yeah, your slip fee is going to be right around $2-3k a year. Once you get into 24' + then you're getting into bigger slips that are going to run more.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        The cost of the slip all depends on the size of the slip. $5-6k a year for a slip isn't all that expensive for a big slip. Yeah if you've got a 16-22' boat then yeah, your slip fee is going to be right around $2-3k a year. Once you get into 24' + then you're getting into bigger slips that are going to run more.
                        My parents slip for a 26ft sailboat is 175/mo...up from 155. Location drives price more so than size

Comment

My parents slip for a 26ft sailboat is 175/mo...up from 155. Location drives price more so than size
                          Open or covered slip?

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            Open or covered slip?
                            open like most sailboats. That same slip on grapevine is much more. Friends on lewisville is covered for the same rate. However, if they were at the marina near petes it would be much more.

Comment

When I had my boat I kept at my house covered up. I liked going to different lakes that's why I never rented a slip.

Comment

25' is pretty big for a runabout under 15K with decent power. Unless you don't mind buying old and working on it to maintain. And yes you can always add a tower later, but may never care.

Comment

Working...
                                X